gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1986 REDLINE RL20a PROSTYLER , too good to ride!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1986 REDLINE RL20a PROSTYLER , too good to ride!  (Read 4642 times)

kniterider

1986 REDLINE RL20a PROSTYLER , too good to ride!
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:48 AM »
well thought id post this on here for people to have a nosey at, at the age of 37 i thought i had grown out of my 80's bmx fetish a few years ago, then i brought my son a re-release super tuff in gold and all those memories came flooding back, so i got my self an 80's mk2 super tuff for me, unfortunately with a pending house move and lack of storage till our new place was ready i sold the old tuff. I brought a expensive mountain bike once we moved and thought i had grown up, the mountain bike didnt get used and was a total waste of money so it hung on the wall in the garage doing nothing. then one afternoon i was trawling through local sale pages on face book and came across this beauty!! , and the bloke who had it up for sale was after a good spec mountain bike, so a deal was done with some cash my way and i brought this home..... i wanted a half decent burner again that i could ride with my son, but ive got something that i havent even sat on and dont think i will :( . the chap built the bike up / restored it himself and the standard is top notch, the only things i think need changing are the seat as it has a 89 diamond back seat on, and some old style pedals. Other than that its a 1986 redline rl20a prostyler , freshly chromed / powered coated frame and forks with new decals, oe forklifter stem, 3 piece crank, all nos cables with date print, diacompe calipers, tech 6 levers with lock out, has a set of nos dyno gt bars ,freshly made wheels( peregrine hubs and arraya rims and new spokes ), oe dia compe brake blocks, oddy bare foot tyres and probs other bits im not that sure on. have a look at the pictures and see what you think :)

kniterider

Re: 1986 REDLINE RL20a PROSTYLER , too good to ride!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:50 AM »

there ya go!! , well must start looking to find a rideable bike now lol....

rad_pitt

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:26 AM »
That's a nice bike  :coolsmiley: ride it  >:D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Nice sweet ride mate, do with it what it was built for. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:08 PM »
very very nice. :smitten: much better than the other bike u mentioned ... hmmm burner was it  :LolLolLolLol:   your redline looks one sweet ride  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 06:01 PM »
The wheels were mine and they were NOS only rode them once so they are spot on I know this Bike well,  It used to belong to Del and then Madferret on here (Mark) they Tech 6 levers are Like rocking horse poo with the locking buttons and I imported them from the US along with the GT bars.  In fact a lot of this bike was made from NOS parts.

The bike is Uber sweet :smitten: :smitten: glad you like it :daumenhoch:

The bike is not to good to be ridden, get it ridden and if you want to sell the wheels back to me I will take them back for what I sold them for,  I regretted selling them wheels

Nice mountain bike you swapped as well I was admiring it today :4_17_5:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 06:06 PM »

if you want to sell the wheels back to me I will take them back for what I sold them for,  I regretted selling them wheels

Now where have I heard that before? :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

ps Nice bike, now go ride it!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37 PM »
You wan to buy your wheels back Nick :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

kniterider

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 08:03 PM »
i love the bike and had been after a redline or a skyway street beat for years so was chuffed when i came across this!  i did think about getting some cheap white skyway mags and cheap tyres and brake blocks to use it now and again but i dont know! the wheels n tyres on it do look bloody good though! yeah the trek was a cracking mountain bike but wasnt getting used alot, if it had been a bigger frame size it would prob still be in garage

kniterider

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 10:31 AM »
anybody know anyone whos after one of these? let me know as im bunging it up on ebay to help funding towards a van as im going back to self employment :(  , needs seein in the flesh really as pictures dont do it justice!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1986 REDLINE RL20a PROSTYLER , too good to ride!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx