gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  97 S&M Dirt Bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 97 S&M Dirt Bike  (Read 2662 times)

rad_pitt

97 S&M Dirt Bike
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Hey chaps,

Picked this up on eBay just before Christmas - dannywhac kindly held off bidding (thanks mate  :daumenhoch: ), Sean Stidds picked up and packed for me (thanks again buddy  :daumenhoch: ) - and it landed today. Really chuffed actually. The rust is superficial, will only need a light fettle. I'm gonna build it up with what I have, and ride it for the next few months and then send the frame down for some SBD treatment. Del has already sorted me some new decals, and they're spot on  :4_17_5:

Anyway, here's the pics:

Can anyone tell me what the hp-48's are laced to?  ??? it has some nice bits on it - like I say, just needs a tidy up. I'd leave the frame as is, but it's rusting at the rear stays  :(

Tom
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:25 PM by rad_pitt »

motomagII

Re: 96 S&M Dirt Bike
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:55 PM »
they look bit like dna hubs but i did think they were all chrome or painted they look like alloy polished or anno silver kind thing

lk_97

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I was gonna bid on this, with all the parts on it, kinda wish I did :-\ at least someone on rad got it! :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:00 PM »
yep me too, just could not collect it  :(

nice bike.  ;)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Been waiting to see this bad boy, and it doesnt disappoint, thats a sweet well spec'd ride, that hotseat is going to look the nuts on there

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Sweet.... just leave it as is...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

rad_pitt

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Been waiting to see this bad boy, and it doesnt disappoint, thats a sweet well spec'd ride, that hotseat is going to look the nuts on there

The seat will look great on it J - cheers bud. See you in Brum at the end of the month  :daumenhoch:

Sweet.... just leave it as is...  :daumenhoch:

I'd love to mate - and believe me, I'm of the opinion that mid-school should be left as is, but I don't want it to rot away. The paint is bubbling and lifting, so want to thrash it for a few months and re-paint the frame. Leave the rest.

Bloody love this bike already!

Leatherman

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 10:42 PM »
looks awesome, are the decals you have coming the same font?

rad_pitt

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 10:43 PM »
looks awesome, are the decals you have coming the same font?

Yes mate, identical - Del made a top job of them.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 11:23 PM »
nice find :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

not quite a 96 though as its a next gen which came out/were first advertised by backyard in ride in oct/nov 97 :daumenhoch:

looks to have a 1&1/8th sharp edged redneck thats not machined so u can run a gyro, these are quite rare  8) 8)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:26 PM by kev s »

rad_pitt

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 11:25 PM »
nice find :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

not quite a 96 though as its a next gen which came out/were first advertised by backyard in ride in oct/nov 97 :daumenhoch:

You're spot on kev, 97 NG  :daumenhoch:

Semi-C

Re: 97 S&M Dirt Bike
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:08 AM »
 For sure tis a dope ass machine you've got there  :daumenhoch: With regards to your hubs, may i offer that they could (possibly??) be Formula hubs? Look fair similar to the hubs that were fitted to my KHE Beater when new.

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Very nice bike. They were defo a bit too heavy but a solid bike, for sure. Lovin the stem and the chainring  :daumenhoch:

I was going to say I thought 96 was a bit early. I got my NG Dirtbike in 97 and it was one of the first batches. Oversized Dirtbikes and Holmes's had been out a while but the NG's were 97 onward.

rad_pitt

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 03:24 PM »
While the weather has been nice, I decided to strip it down. Got to the cranks (fishbones) and my profile tool is slightly too big. Is there a smaller tool which might fit? ??? Thery're rusting, so a socket and hammer is a no go - they won't budge.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 04:54 PM »
For sure tis a dope ass machine you've got there  :daumenhoch: With regards to your hubs, may i offer that they could (possibly??) be Formula hubs? Look fair similar to the hubs that were fitted to my KHE Beater when new.
My DK General Lee has Formula hubs as standard, I only have the front and they do look roughly the same

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  97 S&M Dirt Bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx