gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  AERO REFLEX (need info)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AERO REFLEX (need info)  (Read 4432 times)

cossiemark

AERO REFLEX (need info)
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Hi peeps right i have just bought an AERO REFLEX and i would like to restore it to original as i can. Can some one tell me what parts were fitted originally as the guy built it up from parts from ebay. I am going lime green theme i think unless i can get pics and info on how the bike was when it was new sitting in the bike shop lol

Any help would be most appreciated thanks mark

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: AERO REFLEX (need info)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Dont think they were ever sold as a complet,  Frame and forks only as I remember :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Dont think they were ever sold as a complet,  Frame and forks only as I remember :daumenhoch:

Yep, think they were sold as framesets much in the same way as the Firebirds, so license to do what you want.  Saw quite a lot with Aero mags on I think...
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

deeman

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Dont think they did completes,a few bike shops may have built them up bitd.Hard to find aero zytec mags these days!I think there is a reflex in the museum with all green bits!looks the nuts!there was a green set of tuffs for sale a few days ago in for sale section,good luck with the build will be good to follow!check out the museum,there are some tasty examples in there for inspiration.chrome/green will look lovely imo :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:57 PM by deeman »

cossiemark

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Dont think they did completes,a few bike shops may have built them up bitd.Hard to find aero zytec mags these days!I think there is a reflex in the museum with all green bits!looks the nuts!there was a green set of tuffs for sale a few days ago in for sale section,good luck with the build will be good to follow!check out the museum,there are some tasty examples in there for inspiration.chrome/green will look lovely imo :daumenhoch:
ta m8 yes i bought them green tuff's just waiting 4 them 2 arrive. I just want 2 build myself a mint rider using decent stuff so bmx info on what crank or headset and bars 2 use would be great i was hopping that aero made the stuff 2 in on it 2 keep it all original.

deeman

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Oh good score on the tuffs,they were a bargain!I wouldnt worry about the spec,just put the bits you would have wanted bitd on it,SKYWAY EZ II bars are easily available in chrome,I think theyd be a good start!maybe some sharp XC 1:11 grips in green,a nice green dominator seat,something like the green haro tyres that were for sale a few days ago too(was it you who bought em??!!)and youd be halfway there!but its your bike dude,do it how you want it!not having a bikeshop specsheet to build to is a blessing as it gives you free reign to build the bike of your dreams!! :daumenhoch: :smitten:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:25 PM by deeman »

Clean

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 06:12 PM »
Nice move, fella! A lot of us on RAD have had a Reflex at one time or another, and they are a great bike to build, light as fook, and well built.  :daumenhoch:

Have a look here - in the Aero Reflex Museum on RAD - if you have not already done so, for some inspiration: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=5327.0

Good luck with your first build; shout me if you need some parts!  ;)

J69

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Hi mate, I've been sourcing parts over the winter for my nos reflex that I won back in Oct for £94, I aim to get it finished by March / April. I've gone for a blue & chrome theme & so far I've bought blue skyways, white wall tyres, blue skyway EZ bars, blue A'me tri grips, blue renthal layback, blue Hutch trik-top, SR spider & chain ring & an odyssey headset. I intend to finish it of with redline flight cranks, repop dia-compe mx 1000's & tech 3 or 4 levers, a half decent stem & a dia-compe re-pop seat clamp. I'll post pix when it's finished, I will not be using the original decals as they are minging, is Del back up & running yet? :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Yes he is, send him a pm :daumenhoch:
Del back up & running yet? :daumenhoch:

super mat

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54 PM »
if poss,check out issue 5 of classic bmx mag.theres a built up reflex in there.with an aero stem and haro bars.it also confirms that they were only sold in the uk in 84/85 as a frame and fork set only.heres mine.zytec wheels,panaracer tyre.elina ul seat,win cw bars,aquila rotor,fakelifter stem and nippon brakes.ez bars to follow.

punkdSICO

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 09:18 PM »
SKYWAY EZ II bars are easily available in chrome,I think theyd be a good start!
Yeah, EX II bars in chrome look the nuts!!  However, they are a little on the costly side; I paid £70 for mine back in May 2011 so I would guess easily 70+ today..

But yeah, great bikes!!

Paul

Superkav

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Very good frame, great welds and good thick chrome. I just hat clipping my heels on the rear pegs which IMO are an inch too close to the BB. One day I'll grind them off and paint mine.

punkdSICO

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Very good frame, great welds and good thick chrome. I just hat clipping my heels on the rear pegs which IMO are an inch too close to the BB. One day I'll grind them off and paint mine.
I have never ridden a Reflex.  Mine is just a few components away from riding.  Saying this, I have always ridden with the pedal in the soul/middle of my foot so hopefully my forward foot positon will keep my feet away from the pegs..

Time will tell..

Paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  AERO REFLEX (need info)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx