gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 08:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Xmas eve 1988 schwinn freeform build + 1st ride
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Xmas eve 1988 schwinn freeform build + 1st ride  (Read 939 times)

Threaders

Xmas eve 1988 schwinn freeform build + 1st ride
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Probably should have waited till tomorrow, but fook it. I am getting other stuff tomorrow non bmx related and this has been in a nearly finished state for a few months now. :)
Started building old school bmx about 2 years ago and have four complete builds on my wall, when my initial aim was to build a lovely looking bike to ride around on :-[
I got a bit tired of cleaning the bmx's each time I took them for a spin, so wanted to put together something I can keep in the garage, not have to worry about cleaning every ride, not have to worry about chips in the paint and not have to worrry about it getting knocked around you know :)
So here it is, finally finished today:

Out and about on me first ride in ages:

Even me old mum, gets caught up in the exitement ;D

Now I can put together yet another build and if anyone says anything, I can say " this ones for me mum honest" ;D

Have a great christmas everyone on here. No doubt tomorrow will bring some more builds and will be looking forward to seeing them. All the best and thanks to RAD for a good couple of years. Here is to even more :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:59 PM by Threaders »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: Xmas eve 1988 schwinn freeform build + 1st ride
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:42 PM »
nice1 :daumenhoch:

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:47 PM »
looks good mate :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33 PM »
looks sweet dude!really like it!I was toying with the idea of buying that frame! :daumenhoch:

Threaders

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Londonhellboy had one up for sale a few weeks back and dont know if he sold it, mine was from the states :) :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Londonhellboy had one up for sale a few weeks back and dont know if he sold it, mine was from the states :) :daumenhoch:

sorry,i thought that was Terry's one!its lovely anyway!how does it ride? :daumenhoch:

Threaders

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:30 PM »
I think it depends on how in shape you are ;D
Fookin nearly killed myself going up a hill the other day :-[
The longer top tube definatly helps compared with other bikes I have got, not as cramped. It is pretty sweet I have to say. Just a shame I cant find proper decals for it
 :)

deeman

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Darren KAP has a nos frameset which i'm sure he said he was going to leave with Del to scan the decals'might be worth a pm to Del. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Xmas eve 1988 schwinn freeform build + 1st ride

gfxgfx
gfx gfx