gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Indy Industries
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Indy Industries  (Read 2704 times)

Semi-C

Indy Industries
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:08 AM »
 How do, whilst partaking in a cup o' tea last night i was reminded of the company Indy Industries. It's had me wondering if anybody on here knows much about them? I ended up with a U.S made Taj some years back that was reputed to have a set of Indy forks on it. They're 1" threaded type and are in possession of a monster thick steerer tube, just thought I'd ask and see what can be learned. Ta tons for your time.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Indy Industries
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Started in 1995 by Bill Nitschke after he left (or was sacked - can't remember) Standard. Think they started making pegs first (like a lot of companies back then) and moved on to forks, bars? and frames later. Will have a root round see if I can find any articles/ads for you :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Semi-C

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Started in 1995 by Bill Nitschke after he left (or was sacked - can't remember) Standard. Think they started making pegs first (like a lot of companies back then) and moved on to forks, bars? and frames later. Will have a root round see if I can find any articles/ads for you :)
Amazing, thanks chief  :daumenhoch: I may recall a couple o' pairs of their pegs sliding about the town here but was unaware of their full array of stuff, would be mint to see some. Ta again.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Don't quote me on the frame though - I remember one of my mates going on about them, but that may have been a proto/never released :)

Semi-C

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Don't quote me on the frame though - I remember one of my mates going on about them, but that may have been a proto/never released :)
Intriguing. :)  My pal Mike has a rad ass Indy Industries T-Shirt, caught him rocking it not too long back either.

christhejob

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Bill Nitchke started off with Pulse Products in about 1990/1, you I believe can see his early threadless pegs on his haro master when he tailwhip bunnyhops in (come on memory... ) headfirst?  He teamed up with rick and krt to start standard which initially sold basically the pulse pegs, I think I got a pair in trend in 92 still boxed up as pulse ones, but hey I am actually starting to forget things...  He left standard fairly early on as (this is krt and rick's side of story circa autumn 93) he didn't want to reinvest his share of profits back into more product, so he moved back to indianapolis and indeed started indy industries.. which all looked a lot like standard, but that's fair enough as standard pegs were actually pulse pegs, and that's where my post comes full circle!!

Hey DannyW I was in BSE last Sunday..  went to the park (abbey gardens) and scandinavian tea rooms, so I didn't call in, guess you wouldn't be interested!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Bill Nitchke started off with Pulse Products in about 1990/1, you I believe can see his early threadless pegs on his haro master when he tailwhip bunnyhops in (come on memory... ) headfirst?  He teamed up with rick and krt to start standard which initially sold basically the pulse pegs, I think I got a pair in trend in 92 still boxed up as pulse ones, but hey I am actually starting to forget things...  He left standard fairly early on as (this is krt and rick's side of story circa autumn 93) he didn't want to reinvest his share of profits back into more product, so he moved back to indianapolis and indeed started indy industries.. which all looked a lot like standard, but that's fair enough as standard pegs were actually pulse pegs, and that's where my post comes full circle!!

Hey DannyW I was in BSE last Sunday..  went to the park (abbey gardens) and scandinavian tea rooms, so I didn't call in, guess you wouldn't be interested!!

Gutter - could've done with a cream tea Sunday as was nursing a hangover ;) Next time your over Chris pop round fella - can take a couple of me bikes over to the park (not Abbey Gardens  :LolLolLolLol: )

Oh yeah - here's a set of the Indy bars:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=286229

YGT

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I spoke to bill on the phone around 98/99 for a good hour and he told me that he left standard at 3am in the morning and had to drive hundreds of miles back to his parents after another person decided to wake him up and threaten him with a baseball bat.

He explained that this person (no names named) was aggressive and always had to be done his way.

I am not sure what the deal truly is, but do remember when half the team just left.
Standard used to have an amazing team, then it seemed many of them just left.

christhejob

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 11:59 AM »
I love midwest gossip!!   I guess the truth is lost in the mists of time, and is probably something in the middle..   "no names named" could be quite intimidating!

I spoke to bill on the phone around 98/99 for a good hour and he told me that he left standard at 3am in the morning and had to drive hundreds of miles back to his parents after another person decided to wake him up and threaten him with a baseball bat.

He explained that this person (no names named) was aggressive and always had to be done his way.

I am not sure what the deal truly is, but do remember when half the team just left.
Standard used to have an amazing team, then it seemed many of them just left.

lk_97

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 09:26 PM »
I found a video on YouTube with bill in it, will post a link when I'm on a computer. It's called 'straight outta indy' or something like that.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30 PM »
They did huge diameter alloy flat pegs & I think they did tougher cromo axles as well? I'm pretty sure there were some forks with INDY stamped in big letters down the legs.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

condor96

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 12:02 AM »

this is one of bills peg boards filled with burp/pulse/indy pegs

my set of 1st gen indys. in the middle of restoration for an upcoming bike  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Indy Industries

gfxgfx
gfx gfx