gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My Rad Year.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Rad Year.  (Read 699 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
My Rad Year.
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:13 PM »
This is my how my Rad year shaped up - what were your highlights?

Jan - Getting all the parts together for my Mk2 Super Tuff Burner
Feb - Brett telling me that there will be a Berm ride in my local Chester
Mar - The BermChester ride, meeting some Radsters and getting bitten by the bike bug
Apr - Buying my Supergoose 3 survivor
May - Buying my '84 Haro FST frameset, another Berm ride in Blackpool
Jun - Finishing my FST
Jul - Buying my GT Performer frameset, showing all my bikes with the classic cars at my local Carnival
Aug - Finishing the GT and meeting more Radsters @ Radchester, and of course, the awesome MK11
Sep - Buying my '85 Streetbeat and sourcing some parts for it
Oct - Buying my '84 Firebird Freestyler and taking the GT on another Berm ride in Birmingham
Nov - All the parts arriving for the DP and Beat
Dec - Finishing the DP, planning the Beat completion

Overall, an amazingly RAD year - looking forward to 2012 now and what it brings. :)

Hope to see you guys at some rides next year - Happy Christmas Radsters. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: My Rad Year.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Yep, it's been a good year and a sad year for me too Dan.

I've been on a ramp night at least once a month, sometimes twice, either at Ramp City, the Boardroom or Terminal One. August saw MK and Radchester, the highlights of combining two of my favourite hobbies, drinking and BMX.

Things took a nosedive with the loss of my great "burning stuff at the helipad" buddy Simon (Cupid Stunt) but we've raised many glasses and cleared many jump-boxes in his memory at the regular rides and I'm hoping it's all the great memories from here now, especially after catching up with my bud Steve at TRM1 this weekend.

Sold a few bikes & parts and bought a few more.

Made some new friends on here and wound a few more up as well, so been a great year for sure.

Bring on 2012 then!
Still limping......

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:40 AM »
I am glad that you realised that there is more to life than Burners Dan :daumenhoch:  been a pleasure riding with you all year (A real pleasure) you are a great guy :4_17_5:

Been a good year for me as far as BMX goes,  Had some great company over the last year

Highlights for me have been.

Getting a sweet set of Redline 401's on my master and eventually getting a Blue DC seat clamp on her
Getting my GL Plus and building it as I had it as a Kid,   Just need to fit a coaster to her which I have :daumenhoch:
BMX Masters WOW :daumenhoch: Meeting Bob Haro,  Brett Banasiewicz and Daniel Dhers,  getting my Haro signed by sir Bob
Getting my Haro FST (Nearly Finished)
Getting Magic cat into the hobby Great guy and a great friend
Getting some prizes on my bikes over the last year for My Haro Master and my GL plus
Doing the Charity Ride in Worcester,  A great bunch of guys and a great day out even if I had problems for weeks after with my dodgy ticker
Passing loads of IT exams

Downside
Having to sell my NOS streetbeat due to constant car breakdowns
Losing my job (Or is that good?) only time will tell

All in all Life is RAD cant wait for next year especially MK and London to Chester on 20" kids bikes :daumenhoch:

Keep it Rad  :idiot2: and stay on them kids bikes Radsters :smitten: :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:51 AM by brettypeeps »

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:24 PM »
This year for me has been like running the wrong way up an escalator.
If I stop for breath I start to fall behind.

Periodically I see over the top step, but I see just another escalator to climb.   In fact it looks like the same one I am on.

In2 bmx

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Nice one Dan .

Highlights :

Finding my 83 Robbo cruiser and 79 robbo .  :smitten:
MK  brilliant ...  Seeing crazy as a pakki ..  ;D
Berm Chester = joffs beach ball ,brum = jase fooked up , Blackpool = Dan pissed as fook  . Propa quality fun ...  :daumenhoch:
Getting a few trophies/ medals  for a robbo .
Meeting new friends
Not breaking anything In my body .

Downside :

The loss of a good friend to the site .  :(
Not getting out to the track enough .  :-[
Selling a few bikes to make room ..
Snav being a girl and spitting his dummy out .
( I'll get a pm or text if he sees this )  ;)

Apart from that it's fooking awesome ..

Keep it real RADSTERS  :4_17_5:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ...  :Great_Britain:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Well guys if i'm to be honest i don't know where to start  ::)  but i'll have a go  :LolLolLolLol:

bought some bikes ,,,,, then some bits ,,,,,, followed by more bits and bikes ,,,,,,,,,, but more importantly met some cracking guys and then RADCHESTER well what can i say ,,,,,,,,,
 met  more guys all of which are nuts  :LolLolLolLol:  and never laughed as much in my life roll on the meets next year ,

Got back into my riding and one thing for sure i wish i'd done it sooner  ::) 

But there's one thing that sticks in my mine from 2011 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IN2BMX's     BBQ  nothing in this world would have prepared me for ,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes you guessed  meeting Crazy Craig  fook me he's a fookin loon but so funny , i can't look a piece of stake without thinking of a Hutch pedal ! :2funny: :2funny:

downside for me  :(  missing MK11
 up side i'll make up for it at the  2012  meet  :daumenhoch:

Wishing all RADSTERS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR           AND THANKYOU ALL FOR A GREAT YEAR  :4_17_5:  YOU ALL ROCK  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

HAPPY KAPPY  :daumenhoch:

Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Downsides
Too many downsides to list for me in 2011... :2gunsfiring_v1: I did'nt get a chance to build what I wanted this year but I bought a few bits and bikes when my head was into it.

Highlights
I did quite a bit of riding at Rhyl's new track and got myself a little bit fitter
Just had a £760 cheque of the tax man today for tax year ending 2007...
Things are looking up though as the year ends as I have just found out I am going to be a dad in the summer of 2012...

I'm working all over xmas but I am looking forward to getting myself a new school race bike for 2012 with the extra dollars it will bring in and hopefully be doing a whole lot of riding!

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Found RADBMX, got back into BMX, built two awsome rides, my streetbeat and ammaco freestyle pro, broke my leg riding  :daumenhoch: Spen helped clear my bank account cheers mate, all in all a good year and waiting for 2012 to get some more builds and hit MK  :daumenhoch:

cheers to all on here for help and advice, it's a great little site!!

Clean

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Well my RAD year started in February and has been fantastic!  ;)

Highs (in no particular order):

* My First Build (Aero Reflex)
* My second build (Diamond Back Pro Large)
* My third build (Haro FST)
* Ramp nights
* Bermpool
* RADchester
* MK11
* Buying, then tweaking, and ultimately riding my New Schooler
* Bagging a great survivor BH California for fifty bricks, courtesy of Wini

But most importantly, you lot!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lows

* Simon's departure to session the big ramp in the sky
* Trying to balance work, life, girlfriend, diving, and now BMX
* Realising just how cack I now am on a bike and knowing most of it is down to having an adult's sense of fear

A totally RAD 2011; can't wait for 2012!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My Rad Year.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx