gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Shredder saved!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Shredder saved!!  (Read 2495 times)

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Haro Shredder saved!!
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:56 PM »
got me a cheapy little resto project to do in the cold winter weeks ahead. a 98 (i think) shredder, the decals have survived really well but it needs a major strip and clean up..will have to read bendys thread again  :daumenhoch: and a few things to sort like the gyro and rear brake, but all in all a nice little project!
i checked them out on the museum and looks like the chrome ones are quite sought after so it will be a challenge to see if i can bring this bad boy back from the state its in!  :D
its not 100% original, has peregrine mad max rims,primo clamp, gt seat, hoffman chainring, not sure if the post is the original fusion one or s&m.
the front brake is a dc990 which is correct but they had a crappy v brake at the back on a dna plate!

still, something to do innit! :angel:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:59 PM by holwuff »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Shredder saved!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:00 PM »
nice one mate, that'll keep you busy, and an appreciating midschool bike too, good score

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:04 PM »
yeh man  :daumenhoch: nice little winter project right there... I've had a similar task with the a 99 Mirra 540 air & a 94 Sport I just did - fine steel wool and spray oil... then get your PEEK on and that will come up a treat  :smitten: ...or get some oxalic acid and soak the bugger for a few days - it will come up a treat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEEK-Multi-Use-Polish-Cleans-Protects-Polish-250ml-Can-/400230838357?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item5d2f9df055

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500g-Oxalic-acid-great-cleaner-rust-remover-/140426948733?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item20b219307d

I used it for a load of parts and some bars and it really did sort all the rust  :daumenhoch:

If you want some black walled Haro tyres then I have a pair with your name on  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:09 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Beltin' stuff - nice little project there  :daumenhoch:

Rust doesn't look bad at all - reckon Ed's advice will clean it up no probs :) Might have some odds and sods for it as well for you.

*Vulture mode* If you want shot of those rims (or swap em for other mid-schoolery rims etc) LMK fella - been after a pair to match up with me hubs :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:00 PM »
cheers guys, ive had a go at the forks and they have come up a treat, so providing i can get the frame up tpgether the same, this will turn out to be a blinging little rider.

ed, how much you after for the haro tyres? i presume they are street/freestyle tyres? the tyres on the wheels have loadsa life left but im not a fan of knobblys on the seafront  :D

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:22 PM »
nice that should clean up well,    Ride stickers and a Primo sticker  :daumenhoch:    just like every chrome frame in the 90's   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42 PM »
cheers guys, ive had a go at the forks and they have come up a treat, so providing i can get the frame up tpgether the same, this will turn out to be a blinging little rider.

ed, how much you after for the haro tyres? i presume they are street/freestyle tyres? the tyres on the wheels have loadsa life left but im not a fan of knobblys on the seafront  :D

yours for price of postage mate  :daumenhoch: they are Haro Multisurface iis or iiis - but have a black wall so right for the bike but not for me  ;)

Dylan Thomas

rad_pitt

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:57 AM »
Nice is this Jas, will clean up really well mate. Nice gesture too Ed  :4_17_5:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21 AM »
Nice is this Jas, will clean up really well mate. Nice gesture too Ed  :4_17_5:

Nice gestures are right where I'm at  :)

I've got some spare pegs as we'll if you want to fill up the missing one  :daumenhoch:

also theres a decal set on ebay that isn't the same but is similar so you could replace a few if you needed to  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:48 AM by ED209º »

Dylan Thomas

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Shredder saved!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx