gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rolling bike stands - £7 each @ Maplins. Avoid delivery cost by reserving...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rolling bike stands - £7 each @ Maplins. Avoid delivery cost by reserving...  (Read 809 times)

ozone

These are exactly the same as the Delta Rothko stands which I paid around £16 for.  £3 delivery or free to reserve and collect at your nearest branch.  Fill your boots, guys... :daumenhoch:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/rolling-bike-stand-510677
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:55 PM by ozone »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Nice find

these are ggonna sell out now  ;D

watch the price go up in a couple of weeks  ::) 

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
I got me order in from 'Santa Dad' for 2 of 'em last week. Never too old for a prezzie!!   :daumenhoch:

griff

site appears to be crashing..
not working on my pc or mrs griff's  :(

griff

working now  :daumenhoch:

attention tightwads - if you spend over 30 quid use the code discount3 for another 3 quid off
plus if you go via topcashback.co.uk you can get a bit more off  :daumenhoch:

that's about a week's shopping at Lidl  ;)
or a pack of quail eggs for Lord Pickle from fortnum & mason

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Griff, they're listed on the Bay too if you can't get on to their site and don't mind delivery charge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORTABLE-INDOOR-OUTDOOR-ROLLING-BIKE-STAND-BICYCLE-RACK-/190608842774?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2c612c2016

griff

Griff, they're listed on the Bay too if you can't get on to their site and don't mind delivery charge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORTABLE-INDOOR-OUTDOOR-ROLLING-BIKE-STAND-BICYCLE-RACK-/190608842774?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2c612c2016
cheers, but after the site started working I just bought 4 of them and some cable ties using the cashback site and the discount code
I work pretty much opposite a maplins so quicker to just pop in there  :daumenhoch:

ozone

The upright section of the stand is a bit taller than the Delta Rothko stand so they're probably going to catch the freewheel on a 20" wheel.  The back wheel should still go in with a bit of fettling - there'll be no issues with the front wheel if you have to go that way...

mattuknc

I got one a while back and they do catch, but still useful when working on the front end.  :daumenhoch: (could always hit it with a big hammer! :knuppel2:)
The upright section of the stand is a bit taller than the Delta Rothko stand so they're probably going to catch the freewheel on a 20" wheel.  The back wheel should still go in with a bit of fettling - there'll be no issues with the front wheel if you have to go that way...

griff

balls

had an email to say my local store only has one of the 4 stands I reserved  ::)

thecrooch

"No Delivery charge if you collect" - bargain!!  :2funny:

griff

after trying another store that only turned out to have 1 in stock, looked again and noticd that today they're doing free delivery on everyhting  :daumenhoch:

fingers crossed this works

ozone

"No Delivery charge if you collect" - bargain!!  :2funny:

:LolLolLolLol:  Obviously it can be read that way - collection is not an option on the eBay ad and most people would just pay the full £10 without knowing they do a click and reserve option.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:55 PM by ozone »

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Just bought 2 from Edmonton as was out that way. :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
My 2 local stores say they have stock, but when reserved, only have 1 each, I need 3 (minimum) so I splashed £35 on five, delivered.

That'll be 2 more bikes needed to fill them!! result.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
And they arrived 24 1/2 hrs later!!

good service that!!

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
i just went into the local store and bought a couple.
it was only showing one on the screen in the shop.but when the lad checked they had 220 in the back  :D :D :D

cheap stands though.glad you put the link up as i'd never have thought to look in there.
dave the bmxing gypo

griff

just in case you bought any of these stands and haven't assembled them yet!!!!

Of the 4 I bought, 2 of them had something wrong with them  ::)
- one of the bars had a hole either side intended for the other thing to slot through - but the holes were totally mis-aligned making it impossible to put together without re-drilling
- another one has a bit of weld blocking the wheel bolt from going in

was able to swap bits and make 3 good ones out of the 4, will exchange the crap one tomorrow - thought I'd let you know in case you were hoarding them for a bit
and the comments about them being high for 20" rears are correct btw

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Just bought 2. Thanks for the info!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rolling bike stands - £7 each @ Maplins. Avoid delivery cost by reserving...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx