gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RADBMX in the community - reflectiing on 2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RADBMX in the community - reflectiing on 2011  (Read 2010 times)

griff

RADBMX in the community - reflectiing on 2011
« on: December 12, 2011, 02:37 PM »
today I received an email from the justgiving peeps saying that my page had finally closed
since we're almost at the end of 2011 & I was feeling a bit reflective I thought I'd tot up how much we've managed to raise by pedalling for charity here and there

First we had the Worcester ride, 30 miles on what was then the hottest day of the year (30 degrees!)
That netted £1,149.13 for the BHF

Then we had the London to Brighton ride, 54 miles of fun with about half of that riding into a headwind  ;D
That put £3,691 into the coffers of Pickle's hospital and Gt Ormond St

Grand Total £4,840.46  :4_17_5:

Add this to the other fund raising activities of 2011 and I think it's safe to say we've done ok for a non-charity site  :daumenhoch:

Looking forward to seeing what happens next, anyone got any ideas for 2012?

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: RADBMX in the community - reflectiing on 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:41 PM »
All the guys that did Movember This year :daumenhoch: well done :daumenhoch:

Planning a mersey tunnel blast next year from Liverpool to Chester.  And yes the shut the tunnel :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:44 PM »

http://www.rathelp.org/ 
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:47 PM »
A massive  :daumenhoch: to everyone that did any charity riding, they were big challenges and you all deserve big respect for it, well done lads.

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:56 PM »
I had a crazy idea of copying what that bloke from blue peter did for children in need this year but on a bmx?  I was going to see if any of the travel lodge or premier inn hotel chains would sponsor me and give me free board each night.  What do you think?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:59 PM »
And the London to Brighton run was superb john........although it was tough it was a superb day  :daumenhoch:

rad_pitt

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Great stuff chaps  :4_17_5:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Planning a mersey tunnel blast next year from Liverpool to Chester.  And yes the shut the tunnel :daumenhoch:

:coolsmiley:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:12 PM »

Planning a mersey tunnel blast next year from Liverpool to Chester.  And yes the shut the tunnel :daumenhoch:

Just waiting for the dates for MK John :daumenhoch:

Ride date for this is Sunday 8th July 2012

http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/EntryPages/LCL2012.aspx
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:21 PM by brettypeeps »

m1ke

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Excellent news  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I had a crazy idea of copying what that bloke from blue peter did for children in need this year but on a bmx?  I was going to see if any of the travel lodge or premier inn hotel chains would sponsor me and give me free board each night.  What do you think?

sorry pickle dear, I haven't watched blue peter since the vandals broke into the sunken garden and damaged the statue of Petra the dog
would you like to fill us in?  :-*

moomin

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:51 PM »

Nothing like a positive post on a positive thread eh  ::)

Well Done guys  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 05:02 PM »

Nothing like a positive post on a positive thread eh  ::)

Well Done guys  :daumenhoch:

I'm still at work, so webnanny wouldn't let me look at that link
thinking about it though must have been  :idiot2: to click on it given that it's from our own in-house deviant  ;D

Liverpool would be a good laugh, but bit far for me to travel - would probably raise more donating the petrol money  ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 05:08 PM »

sorry pickle dear, I haven't watched blue peter since the vandals broke into the sunken garden and damaged the statue of Petra the dog

it wasn't on Blue Peter you twonk, it was on Children in need......the bloke from Blue Peter rode a rickshaw from Edingborough (? spelling) to London in 7 days  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 05:08 PM »
well done to all that gave or participated....

griff

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25 PM »

it wasn't on Blue Peter you twonk, it was on Children in need......the bloke from Blue Peter rode a rickshaw from Edingborough (? spelling) to London in 7 days  :daumenhoch:

that's more like it - gave me something to google...
that's quite a journey with no gears though  :shocked:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt set off on Friday 11 November on his epic journey by rickshaw from Edinburgh to London.

Throughout the journey, Matt chatted to celebrity passengers and was cheered on from every start and finish line. You can see his route on the map on the right, and you can click below to follow his progress each day with video clips & images.

Day 1 - Edinburgh to Hawick (53.5 Miles)
Day 2 - Hawick to Hexham (59.2 Miles)
Day 3 - Hexham to Barnard Castle (49.0 Miles)
Day 4 - Barnard Castle to York (70.6 Miles)
Day 5 - York to Lincoln (78.0 Miles)
Day 6 - Lincoln to Peterborough (73.2 Miles)
Day 7 - Peterborough to Cambridge (41.0 Miles)
Day 8 - Cambridge to London (59.3 Miles)

About The Rickshaw Challenge
The total journey of 484 miles started on the Castle Esplanade in Edinburgh and culminated in London during the The One Show's BBC Children in Need live special on the night of the Appeal, Friday 18 November. He cycled up to sixteen hours a day and burnt a daily total of around 9000 calories.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 06:14 PM »
thanx for the summary griff, nice one bud and massive props to all that contributed or got involved this year  :4_17_5:

deffo up for some more charity rides in 2012........if you don't stunt or race, this is another way of enjoyin ridin, and helpin others of course  :)

Route 66 ?, Groats to Lands End? hardcore lol!!

Vans Style

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 06:18 PM »
How about a John O'Groats to Lands End Rad Relay ?. I'm sure theres enough Radsters all over the counrty to do a few miles each and get all the way from end to end.

I rode this in 98 with Lord Digby Jones to raise cash for a hospice in Birmingham, it was all Digby's idea and he was the fund raiser ( I was his coach/mechanic/voice to shout at him when the going got tough). 1000 miles in 10 days (997 was our route but I made him do an extra 3 just to make the 1000). All in all he raised nearly £150,000 . easy when you have connections such as his. Yes it was tough at times but was the best time Ive ever had on a bike.

Here we are with some sponsors, these each paid £2000 to ride the last day with us.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 06:19 PM »
I had a crazy idea of copying what that bloke from blue peter did for children in need this year but on a bmx?  I was going to see if any of the travel lodge or premier inn hotel chains would sponsor me and give me free board each night.  What do you think?

Pickle that is a great idea.... in stead of a rickshaw what about doing it on a side hack ? genius :laugh:

never mind shutting the tunnel .. youd have to shut the city from all them robbin scousers ......   :LolLolLolLol: or do the ride on a burner , then again theyd nick one of them  :2funny:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:23 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Weldone griff...  :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

griff

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41 PM »
How about a John O'Groats to Lands End Rad Relay ?. I'm sure theres enough Radsters all over the counrty to do a few miles each and get all the way from end to end.

I rode this in 98 with Lord Digby Jones to raise cash for a hospice in Birmingham, it was all Digby's idea and he was the fund raiser ( I was his coach/mechanic/voice to shout at him when the going got tough). 1000 miles in 10 days (997 was our route but I made him do an extra 3 just to make the 1000). All in all he raised nearly £150,000 . easy when you have connections such as his. Yes it was tough at times but was the best time Ive ever had on a bike.

Here we are with some sponsors, these each paid £2000 to ride the last day with us.

:yahoo_silent: meh - those bikes have gears....

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 09:56 PM »

:yahoo_silent: meh - those bikes have gears....

I guess I need to man up and do it again then  :'(
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 09:30 AM »
The GOSH London ride was a top day - we should do something like that again  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RADBMX in the community - reflectiing on 2011

gfxgfx
gfx gfx