gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M HAF Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M HAF Build  (Read 1486 times)

turtled1ck

S&M HAF Build
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:20 AM »

I finally put some PA cranks on this Heavy As Fu*k frame. I love midschool for how big and thick and just plain manly everything is. I don't know. This is my favorite Old School Board, hope you guys like it.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: S&M HAF Build
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54 AM »
very nice :daumenhoch:

bought one brand new when they first came out in 94

do i spy a 1in clamp on set up 8)

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Nice bike. HAF was a classic.

You don't see many of those cranks now. Very nice.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 09:28 AM »
legendary bike, dont see too many, very nice

lk_97

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Sweet bike, and rare too 8)

rad_pitt

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52 AM »
 :smitten: awesome.

lk_97

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45 PM »
What year are these? 94-95 ish?

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Yep, maybe 93.  They were kinda meant to be a joke at first.
But much of S&M was!  :LolLolLolLol:

welsh denny

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:04 PM »
bought one when i snapped my master. prob worst frame i ever owned. sold it on - way too heavy for flatland and too long. didn't get on with it on ramps either.

lk_97

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08 PM »

Yeah, wondered why they'd bring a frame out like they did, looks a bit outdated for the time as well

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Yeah, wondered why they'd bring a frame out like they did, looks a bit outdated for the time as well

Not really. People still liked platforms if they were into mini ramp riding. It was meant as a competitor for the Standard Lengthy & Shorty (hence the name). But it wasn't long till trails style became cool and platform frames were out. There sure weren't many 1 1/8 frames that had platforms!

scott250

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Nice! looks just like my mates ride from the 90s, sums up the mid 90s for sure.
I thought they were a bit short myself ;D but yer good solid frame.
It was the promotion and adds that were the joke, not the frame - like with most s&m stuff, very clever really - and like alex say comp for standard at a lighter price.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 04:54 PM »
..............................and I'm reminded of a story....................  :LolLolLolLol:

My mate fell in love with this frame as soon as it hit the pages of Ride. He started phoning round, pricing up etc and ended up having a conversation with a well known South London shop who at the time employed a well known British racer (and RAD member these days). They agreed a price match type deal based upon my mates research - from memory it was £260.00 but I stand to be corrected on that - and off to Sarf London we set. We get there, my mate spends a few minutes fondling and caressing said frame and gets his wallet out.

Our man then promptly says "that'll be £300 odd please"  (again I forget the precise figures, but it was significantly more than the phone call a couple of hours earlier). My mate turns to me a bit embarrassed - he didn't have that sort of money - so I remind our man of the phone call, to which he promptly replies "ah well, you've travelled all the way here - you'll have to pay what I'm asking now won't you?"

One or two words were exchanged, as you might expect.

So anyway, my mate leaves with his money and as we walk back to the car a quick call from me to another well known shop sees us on our way to Hertfordshire where the deal was done in the bat of an eyelid for £260, or whatever it was.

I can only assume our man in London took a look at us as we walked in and thought "two silly old bastards with more money than sense"... which of course is mainly true, but no one likes being mugged off.

And people wonder why I have issues with the industry  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M HAF Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx