gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my highly modified 1989 pk ripper hybrid build-with new pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my highly modified 1989 pk ripper hybrid build-with new pics  (Read 8703 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: my highly modified 1989 pk ripper hybrid build-with new pics
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 10:01 AM »
It rides fine. Most people don't realise how strong carbon is. But like to pop poo the idea without any knowledge. Trust me they are bloody strong forks!!  I'm not going to term1 for the Christmas ride as I'm busy :-(

theRuler

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Nice bike Stu.
I recall seeing this at Terminal 1 the other day.

I rode a similar(ish) Ripper for many years, although my setup was a bit lower budget.

It rode really nice, and was nice and short (too short for anyone who had a go on it though!)

I rode it with 32 spoke KHE wheels, with a Nankai freehub.
I only stopped riding it when I won my Ilegal frame in a bonus ball lottery on here.

It is being built back up (slowly) so I will be on it again soon! 
My only gripe with this frame is that it has V/canti mounts - and I don't have the heart to take the grinder to it (yet!)
The V brake works really well, but it means I cannot run a Gyro.

Mine was featherweight too.  The pegs are alloy and the wheels weighed nothing.  I used the Haro forks instead of the LG's as the Haros had lugs for a brake.

Even though our 2 bikes are of similar dimensions, the setup on mine makes it look tiny!

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Now that looks nice.  :smitten:
It amazes me how a ripper can be made to look old school or new school without looking out of place in either era. I'm not a massive fan of the v brakes either. That's why I chose the pk with the pitbull mounting. I then took a u brake mount and carved it about to fit the frame and drop outs. It works great. Those oddy evos are the dogs dangleys!!

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Stu, amazing bike Mate.

For me, it could be bike of the year, I'm an engineer and I know whats gone into it.

With the funds and patience, anyone can build a period show bike. Not every one could do what you have, and pull it off.

OK, I would love to see some modified LG's on it, but as it stands, I love it!

I would like to see more bikes done in a custom way, much the same as scooters and VW's.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57 PM »
cheers mate. we will have to see how it does. now its in the csboty competition. i have put it in the custom class :daumenhoch:
lets hope i get a few votes :LolLolLolLol:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59 AM »
who's got the pics of my white one and yours together at MK?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my highly modified 1989 pk ripper hybrid build-with new pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx