gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 10:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!  (Read 11285 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Here is my latest build. Which I recently rode on the Christmas London bike ride. You will be glad to know that it passed the ride out without any teething problems. And even stood up to some hectic riding on the epic police chase!   :police::LolLolLolLol:

Here is the parts list with all the modifications (yes I have had a fiddle about with this one too!)

Frame:- 1992 Haro master frame in chrome half powdered black by the legend that is sbd  :4_17_5:
With 1987 Haro master decals applied. Made by del
Forks:- Haro mirra pro series 1"1/8th forks
Headset:- 1" beartrap 2 headset cups and 1"1/8th aheadset bearings crowns and seals. To complete an 1" to 1"1/8th conversion.
Stem:- one off Cnc machined billet 1"1/8th Haro group 1 stem.  Which has been polished
Gyro:- odyssey gen 1 gyro
Handlebars:- gen 1 Haro kneesavers as fitted to the first team 87 masters. With decals by del and sbd half powder. Chromed by Hockley Chroming.
Grips:- black odi mushrooms toadstool type
Levers:- black tech 77s with Potts lock.
Brakes:- ad990 front and rear. Both polished.
Seatpost:- chromoly revcore laidback
Seat:- black dominator.
Seat clamp:- Haro twin bolt fusion. Haro decal by del.
Cranks:- redline chrome twin pinch. With new decal by del.
Bottom bracket:- khe 19mm black anno removed and polished on cups and cone spacers.
Pedals:- Haro polished fusion pedals.
Chainring:- Haro team chainring custom made to look like an original 87 version.
Chain:- kmc cool chain.
Freewheel:- 16 tooth shimano mx 30
Wheels:- nos peregrine sealed super pro hubs laced to nos chrome super 7x rims with stainless spokes. Laced by custom riders  :4_17_5: 
Tyres:- primo v monsters.
Chain tensioners:- khe chain tugs.
Pegs:- Haro fusion alloy knurled pegs

Please enjoy stu  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:47 PM by discostu »

lk_97

oh wow! :smitten:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Very cool  8)  .. looks just like my 88 team master

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
sweet as stu. got a link to where you got that BB from, its sweet

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Nice!! I likey a lot
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
nice! and loving the RAV4

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
I think I got it from billies. I just gave it a few minutes in ovenpride. Then polished it up on my polishing wheel. It came out great!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
I think I got it from billies. I just gave it a few minutes in ovenpride. Then polished it up on my polishing wheel. It came out great!  :daumenhoch:
billies ???/??

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Billy's bmx shop in cambridge. They are also ison distribution. So sell gusset and khe stuff. Plus other bits. Look them up on the net. They are very helpful :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Looks great Stu!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
billies ???/??

James - if ya want that BB, I work near Billy's - could go get you one and pop it in the same parcel as the sprocket - save having to buy online :)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:20 PM by dannywhac »
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Nigelb

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
I'm loving that Stu  :smitten: :smitten:.......Nice work work bud.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

nice job Stu  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
very nice FA5T STU  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Looking sweet Stu some nice details  :coolsmiley:

This is a gen Team Master

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:29 PM by FreestyleRider »
BANNED

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
That is really nice, the wheels are fookin ace, personally them cranks would have to go in place would be a set of peregrines but top marks, like I said, really nice  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

rad_pitt

Lovely Stu  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
cracking bike that is stu.
love the stem mate proper cool.
dave the bmxing gypo

griff

had a good look at this on the london ride - that cheeky stem mod is quality!
great stuff stu  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
thats a beauty Stu... its absolutly SICK... love to see it side by side with Pickles Streetbeat ...

those have to be the wheels off your ripper! YOU CANNOT HAVE 2 PAIRS FFS!

Just got some Mirra forks myself so will be doing the conversion job over xmas... expect a call!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Your right and your wrong ed. they are'nt the wheels off the ripper. And yes your right that I don't have 2 sets. I actually have 3 sets!! :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Thats amazing! You could make a few bob doing more of those chainrings! Nice one.

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Terry thanks for your pm telling me that 87 team masters were only done In yellow. I can tell you your 100% wrong! I had 2 team masters in other colours! The team master was only sold as a complete. Not frame and forks. But you could get the team decal! The frame and forks are no different on a team one compared to a standard one. It's only the team decal down the seat tube. The differences were on the parts that the complete consisted off. The 87 catalogue does have a team one that looks like yours. But they only sold them like that for a few months before bringing out the next version. This appeared in the 88 catalogue. Then halfway through 88 they bought out the last version which had the u brake mounts removed, now known as the 88.5. That was a ploy by Haro as the next master  (89 bashguard) couldn't have ad990 mounts fitted due to the chainline/ bottom bracket arrangement and they didn't want the change back from a u brake to the old style to be a looked upon as a change in the wrong direction.   As you can see the parts on a team master were much better than a standard one. But the bike was a lot more money.

1987 catalogue showing a team master.

1988 catalogue showing a team master. (which they had been selling for most of 1987!) :daumenhoch:

Anyway this is just a 92 retake on the later team 87. The 87 are a sweet ride until the seatpost area cracks. The Haro akilies heel! I'm waiting to see yours built up after that chrome job!  :smitten:

I could waffle on about 80's haro's all day. As Robbo will tell you!!  :LolLolLolLol:

lk_97

Has anybody got pictures of a black/chrome 88 master? Just the frame will do as I need to know what colour black it needs to be and where the chrome starts at the rear end. Sorry for thread hi-jack btw :)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
top build stu, love the stem +chainring  :smitten: nice +light to ride for flatland  :daumenhoch:
been thinking of doing some thing similar but in black/grey colour way(not sure what year)
anybody got a ,92 frame they want to sell  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My latest build. A 1992 Haro ground master with an 87/88 team master twist!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx