gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mongoose FS1 finished :) 03/02
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mongoose FS1 finished :) 03/02  (Read 14999 times)

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: too late i have caught the bug!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 01:15 PM »
looking to paint it myself (used to work in a body shop many moons ago) so would feel a bit bad asking dan for the codes.. can probably end up matching something, but would be better if someone had them to hand.
cheers though ;)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05 PM »
    Welcome in bud hope you don't get too carried away  :LolLolLolLol:  i've been at it 12 months now and since the wife told me i need to calm things down i've slimmed the collection down to 30 completes and 10 frame sets now  ::)   and yes the wife is happy again now  :LolLolLolLol:

:daumenhoch:    Kappy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:03 PM by Darren K.A.P »
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

deeman

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00 PM »
LOL!is that all Darren!how many were there?? :shocked:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 10:09 PM »
I rang him earlier and he was lining up the West Yorkshire symphony orchestra so he could use all their fingers to count them but he ran out so he's got his missus to run down the local tesco and buy all the krisps and pop and offer all the shoppers to carry it home so he can use their fingers too  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:
BANNED

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 10:09 PM »

as the wife said too many  ::)

Terry you loon  ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:11 PM by Darren K.A.P »
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

deeman

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 10:11 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 11:47 AM »
well! just like me, christmas has come early! frame and fork set arrived this morning, but not untill the tax man sunk his teeth into me... thieving bastids...
but here it is, cant start on it till my replacement decals arrive, as i need to check that they are good enough to use. but its looking sweet so far  :smitten:

rad_pitt

Re: the goose has landed!
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 03:35 PM »
Looks cool in grey  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 03:42 PM »
looks cool  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 06:16 PM »
yup,loving the grey!i reckon some grey tuffs and white tyres would set it off a treat! :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 07:48 PM »
got a set of white skyway OE 6 spokes coming as i want it back to original spec liek my old one. wasnt keen on the grey when i bought it, but in the flesh dosnt look to bad.... decisions decisions...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Loving the little touches like the cable routing on the forks  :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 02:19 PM »
well my Skyway OE wheels finally turned up, and are in better condition than i was hoping :) bearings run silky smooth, and no cracks (although the odd mark an nick on them) still waiting for my cosmo-lite copy crank to turn up, and my re-pop dominator seat from PKripster and im almost there. dont suppose anyone has a set of white round KKT pedals (or a real cosmo-lite crank) knocking around do they? oh and a lay back seat post that i can paint :)

deeman

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05 PM »
yup,coming along nicely!looks well with the wheels/tyres!do you have a set of pegs for the forks?will you be running them? :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 08:44 PM »
no pegs for the forks as of yet, but if some turn up i might get them just to have them fitted. the tyres work well with the wheels, but are perished to fook.. think i might run white with gumwalls just to keep it visually correct though

deeman

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55 PM »
no pegs for the forks as of yet, but if some turn up i might get them just to have them fitted. the tyres work well with the wheels, but are perished to fook.. think i might run white with gumwalls just to keep it visually correct though

yep,white gumwalls will look better imo,a nice set of panaracers are probably your best bet! :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 06:38 AM »
I have a set of white/tan wall gt tyres for sale if your interested I'm looking for £75 posted. Let me know cheers stu

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Looks like a nice surviver is being brought back to life   :smitten: well done   :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 10:55 AM »
I have a set of white/tan wall gt tyres for sale if your interested I'm looking for £75 posted. Let me know cheers stu

cheers for the offer stu, but i paid less than that for the bike  ;D

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 07:03 PM »
managed to track down a few more bits, so progress report time..
started bleaching the skyways, but have found that cheap bleach is a no-no. took nearly 3 days for the one on the right. domestos here i come.
didnt want to buy new stuff for this really, but the seat and pedals are very distinctive, so didnt have a choice. sweet find with an SR cosmo-lite crank, as fitted BITD, horrible chain ring wont be staying as i have now found an original mongoose spider that is on its way :) clear brakelines from porkchop as fitted originally

still need lay back seat post (something i can paint) and some white tyres with tan/gum walls. dont want to fit comp3 style though...

RoyalTrux

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Beautiful bike! I like that in grey n white  8)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 08:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing this out on one of the London rides. You r doing a cracking job mate!  :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Progressing nicely!btw 3 days in the bleach is about normal,some people report of having to use 5-7 days!some white panaracer freestyle tyres would look lovely on there,will prob set you back 80-120 quid,if you are going to ride it or on more of a budget,pork chop does a white comp st repop which are a bit cheaper!also check out oddysey path tyres available in white with skinwall 1.85 size,a new skool tyre with old school looks! :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30 PM »
ALMOST FINISHED!!!! picked up a seat post for it, painted it primer grey. not a perfect colour match, but close enough that it dosnt stand out. gumwall tyres from pork chop on bleached and cleaned rims look fantastic! still awaiting the right chain wheel, and got a white chain to go on, but its pretty much there  :smitten:

rad_pitt

Re: the goose has landed! pics added 02/02
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Love that you've kept it original mate - great build  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mongoose FS1 finished :) 03/02

gfxgfx
gfx gfx