gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  what bars?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what bars?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
what bars?
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:35 PM »
looking for a set of gloss black bars to go with this frame, dont want them too wide/big etc.doesnt have to be the same brand either.
anyone got any suggestions.
thanks in advance. :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

Re: what bars?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Bicycle union bars would go nice on there. What size do you want to run?

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Bicycle union bars would go nice on there. What size do you want to run?

to be honest mate, i dont have much of a clue, be my first new school ride-build..never had to think about it before really.. :crazy2:.. :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Best place to start is to measure some bars you like the feel of. Most new bars range from 28" up to 30" wide, and from 8" to 10" high (although 30 x 10 are massive!)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:15 AM »
Best place to start is to measure some bars you like the feel of. Most new bars range from 28" up to 30" wide, and from 8" to 10" high (although 30 x 10 are massive!)

The bars on my retro 04 haro are only 26" wide so I would say about 28" is gonna be big enough defo not 30" bloody cowhorns that size width.lol

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22 AM »
what sort of budget are you looking at?  most bars are around the £50 - £60 mark.  these don't look bad though for the dosh  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_737/Shiner-Eco-Bars.html'shop_param=cid%3D5%26aid%3D737%26

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=13053&cat=7&parent=1001&sid=3

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 11:11 AM »
what sort of budget are you looking at?  most bars are around the £50 - £60 mark.  these don't look bad though for the dosh  :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_737/Shiner-Eco-Bars.html'shop_param=cid%3D5%26aid%3D737%26

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=13053&cat=7&parent=1001&sid=3

Alrite mate, got a budget of about £70, just sold a couple of bits so gonna use the funds from that.wanna build
A mid to top range ride,made a good start with the frame (I think) got G-sport rims already and waiting for front & rear
G-sport hubs to arrive which I got a cracking deal on,as the company sent the wrong rims and realised it would
Cost them too much for me to post them back to the U.S so done me a deal instead..got ody evo2 brake
Ready and fit faf tyres aswell...so well on the way..

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13 AM »
nice  :daumenhoch: you pretty much have the choice of the market then for that money  :daumenhoch:

where are you based?  get yourself down to the RADshop in wycombe as you can get a feel for them and make a choice that way  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14 AM »
Bicycle Union Motorcade  :daumenhoch:

8.2 Rise
28.5 Wide
10.5 back sweep
1.5 upsweep
11 butted

You can always cut them down a fraction if you want

http://bicycleunion.com/bars/

http://www.4downdistribution.com/acatalog/unionmotorcade.html

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28 AM »
or United Bars, but they seem to be a bit bigger.

(I say United or Union cos its a United/Union frame, and since most bars are the same you might as well get ones that match the frame)

http://unitedbikeco.com/products/the-voyage-bars/

http://www.4downdistribution.com/acatalog/Product_Section_Voyage_295.html

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 02:48 PM »
nice  :daumenhoch: you pretty much have the choice of the market then for that money  :daumenhoch:

where are you based?  get yourself down to the RADshop in wycombe as you can get a feel for them and make a choice that way  :daumenhoch:

im in Portsmouth, bit of a drive to the radshop...no real decent shops around here... :(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:54 PM by Dubber »

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 02:53 PM »
or United Bars, but they seem to be a bit bigger.

(I say United or Union cos its a United/Union frame, and since most bars are the same you might as well get ones that match the frame)

http://unitedbikeco.com/products/the-voyage-bars/

http://www.4downdistribution.com/acatalog/Product_Section_Voyage_295.html

thanks for your advice, been looking at them voyage bars...may well go for them.. :daumenhoch:..

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Are S&M bars any good...defo don't want any race bars tho..

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Are S&M bars any good...defo don't want any race bars tho..

The best  ;)
You cant go wrong with slam bars. Even if you put someone elses stickers on them (like so many pro's have been doing for years  :-X)

I actually think Slam bars dont have enough up sweep and are a bit droopy, but I tent to ride more "on top of the bars" than most people. Partly cos of front brake tricks. I prefer Beringer bars, which have more up sweep.

S&M have plenty bars, and not all race bars. Look on the website for the full range  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57 AM »
S&M Beringer bars  :daumenhoch: nice back & upsweep with plenty of room to cut them to Your size. I personally don't like Slams to ride with, not enough upsweep for Me.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

motomagII

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:00 AM »
ive got 2 sets berringer xlt and 2 sets of slams i do prefer the berringer but i have also just ordered set of we the people bars 8.5 rise to give bigger height bars try winstanleys have some great offers oin bars at moment they have slams for 30.00 quid !!

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 10:08 AM »
Im actually just looking at changing from berringer bars. Im gunna give some S&M T3 bars a go. They are racing bars but they are the same up sweep and back sweep of berringers, but have the same bend and width of Slams. Berringers have a dual radius bend which is a bit tight and I sort of prefer the look of slams. I'll see how they go.  ???

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I just went on the S&M site & had a look at those T3 & T4 bars, they look really good  :daumenhoch: are they new out?

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 12:39 PM »
I just went on the S&M site & had a look at those T3 & T4 bars, they look really good  :daumenhoch: are they new out?

Winstanlys have them in stock and are selling some off cheap, so they must have been out a while.  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Cool, I just wondered as I'd never heard of them before, deal of the week at that price  :shocked:  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58 PM »
bars were one of the first thing that S&M started making in-house. They have loads to chose from

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Haven't had the chance to look on th S&M site yet,but the grandslam xlt are looking favourite at the moment,bit bigger than I wanted but that don't matter too much.only been looking via my blackberry,so when I get the chance to look on my laptop,I need to check that they aint race bars,they are gloss black and where is the cheapest to buy them inc postage..thanks for your help..
Paul

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 10:27 AM »
grandslam xlt are looking favourite at the moment,bit bigger than I wanted

Grandslam's are Bigger Slam bars, so if they are a bit big then get Slams  :-\

Slam bars are thick and strong. Slam XLT's are thinner and ligher ...... kinda like race bars  ???

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Gloss black slams it is then..hopefully ill get the chance to have a look tonite on my laptop for the cheapest etc.
Cheers for your help

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48 AM »
got some united bars at home that i never used - will get pic
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  what bars?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx