gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  V brake to U caliper adapter???????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: V brake to U caliper adapter???????  (Read 3520 times)

simon h

V brake to U caliper adapter???????
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:45 PM »
Does anybody know where to get hold of a mount to fit v brakes onto standard forks .Looked on google but no luck so far.Any help grateful..

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: V brake to U caliper adapter???????
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:41 AM »
 :) V to U? Never heard of one & could be difficult as the lugs are in different places.You can get adaptor plates to fit either V or Us  onto lugless forks...
http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=bsdnvps

Second pic is only one I could find quickly..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/oldschool-U-brake-plate-adapter-Dia-Compe-990-front-BMX-/140652681810?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bf8d9a52

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:47 AM by VOIVOD »

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:44 AM »
could be difficult as the lugs are in different placesforks...

Different places, AND totally different lugs.  :(

If you have V brake (or canti, same thing) lugs you will be able to fit a U brake plate on cos it wont clash. But it wont look that tidy with a bolt on plate AND an extra set of lugs below it

simon h

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for the replays fella's.My post worded a bit confusing.I want to fit v brake onto front forks but no lugs on the forks just a centre hole where a standard u brake would  fit.That plate on Billys look like it would do the job fine just didn't realise it would be 30 bucks .may wait to see if one comes up on the bay.

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:56 PM »
why do you want to fit a V brake. Why not use a U brake. They are more ..... BMX

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29 PM »
As Alex says, Fook v brakes......if you want to do it as cheap as poss then just fit a bulldog caliber through the normal hole for about £15 all in  :daumenhoch:

simon h

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Have already fitted a bulldog dude ,but the rear of my cruiser is fitted with a shimano dx v brake was looking to match the rear onto the front.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  V brake to U caliper adapter???????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx