gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway colouring question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway colouring question  (Read 809 times)

Al Wyn

Skyway colouring question
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Anyone successfully dyed yellow tuffs orange? i would have thought red dye would have done it but im sure someone out theres been there and done it before :-\

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway colouring question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:44 AM »
if you try to dye them red to make orange it will only go red - this will depend on the time you soak for - the amount of dye and the way yoy do it

if they were white them yes orange is the best colour to go orange

as they are yellow to start off with you might need less orange or less time in or more water volume

dye them with orange first and see how they look

when dying you have to remember that the original colour was added at time of producing the rim - the colour is all the way through it - dying only adds a colour on top of the rim, and some times it soaks in a little bit 0.10mm - holes and scuff allow more dye in in places, making it look different shades/grades of the colour you are using

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway colouring question
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 12:45 PM »
also see here for a bit more info   ;)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=137157.0

;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway colouring question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx