gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hunting pics bitd of shoreham track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hunting pics bitd of shoreham track  (Read 3626 times)

retro ace

hunting pics bitd of shoreham track
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:03 AM »
hi there im looking for any pictures of adur ace's track i shoreham bitd i need as much info as poss as im in talks with the council and others to rebuild and reopen the track for 2011, so any help would be appreciated  contact rick on  retroacesbmx@btinternet.com or face book retro aces bmx  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
Re: hunting pics bitd of shoreham track
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:16 PM »
hi mate i didnt race it back in the day, but would like to offer any help as i live in Brighton, its quite a small layout, but would probably make a fun track like hersden

I went there a few weeks back with my kids for a nose and its a right state! some kids have made trails there but theyre crap, also its very stoney!

I do have a few Adur Aces bmx pads that i picked up from Gammonds bike shop when it closed down, it was mr gammond who set up the track and made a killing selling bikes and bits to the local kids  :daumenhoch:

The 1996 worlds track is still there aswell and was ridable 5 years ago before travellers moved in and stole all the bricks from the starthill and fooked it with crossers :2gunsfiring_v1:

retro ace

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:08 PM »
thanks for your reply any help once get everything sorted will be good  was down there sat measuring up and working out ???? its going to be easyer to strip right back and start afresh move slightly further towards the car park gives a 40m x 95m track  getting plans put together this week will be posting my drawings as ive got them done. its going to be good  any ideas or help always wanted regards rick

adamd

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 10:30 PM »

Hi Rick, Here is a link to some pics , from a previous thread.
I raced here from 1983-1985 and have recently got back in touch with a few friends from back then, Paul Hudson, Jaime Walden, Steve Brown
 and Ady Lander
Good luck with the project, I would love to find out more and get involved.
Adam

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=70039.msg1085270#msg1085270

also freestyle stuff here www.vincentframes.co.uk

Tidelander

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Late to the party and just starting out on the site when I came across this- but posted a pic of Adur Aces Shoreham track BITD (it would have been 1981)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:35 PM »
WOW! I and my buddies used to frequent that track/circuit every saturday for about 3 years  :daumenhoch:

It was going to be part of my BITD memory run and have been trying to find out if it's still up and running. Glad it's going to be refurbished.

It was always a stoney track and a few cut open hands were around back in the day, mine one of them, when I crashed on the table top  :LolLolLolLol:

If your looking for help in anyway dude, I would gladly try and help  :coolsmiley:  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Loving the old tyres in the ground around the edges  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 07:08 PM »
i have a few photos i can sort out by im having computer probs at the moment

as soon as i get sorted i will post them :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

adamd

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I had a walk over to the track today, not looking good for a 2011 rebuild!!
Quite sad to see it, but at least it is still there.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:30 PM by adamd »

VWmk2

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Sad to see a track abandoned like that but good to see some one trying to bring it back alive

Good luck mate ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hunting pics bitd of shoreham track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx