gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ammaco teamstar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ammaco teamstar  (Read 3069 times)

Mr.Ammaco

ammaco teamstar
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:10 PM »
well, this was my first ever bmx, was given to me by my brother when i was about 14, i rode it about for about 2 years ever day to school, then when i started driving it just sat in me garage, but up till a week ago, i stripped, paint, re-decaled, anf slowly getting it bck together........

my first question is, has any one got any info on, its a ammaco teamstar, ive only ever seen one the same on ebay about 6 month ago.......some one must of had one as a kid???>>>

im getting the team start decale made up at a shop very soon to finish it off.

i can get more phots if it helps to give any info on it..

lodge

Re: ammaco teamstar
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13 PM »
I remember them but not in much detail, I doubt you will find anyone on here that had one bitd as most people had stopped riding except those competing by the time that bike was out which would be around 88. Ammaco,s bmx sales were virtually zilch around this time and they concemtrated on non bmx bikes, I rode the styler 500 which is from the same era and was in the same brochure and it shared some components.

simo27

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I have an ammaco but dont think its one of these, mines chrome, very nice bike yours!

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:20 PM »
I've got an Ammaco as well  :4_17_5:

Mines the team sprit

Might be worth having a word with Bobafett he might have a brochure

He's god of anything goose so he might have something with the Ammaco range on it
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Mr.Ammaco

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:00 PM »
dont know if it helps but here the code....

D S 7 0   487961

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 04:12 PM »

Might be worth having a word with Bobafett he might have a brochure

He's god of anything goose so he might have something with the Ammaco range on it

LOL Pete  :LolLolLolLol:

Well, I've had a dig around but my ammaco stuff only goes up to 85/86 and no sign of a "team star"  :-\

There's the "team" model and there is the "silver star" though.

Silver star has wrong dropouts but the team is a very similar frame to the one in this thread - although I think this earlier team I've pictured below has holes in the little gusset under the top tube.

Those beefier "landing gear style" forks look to have started to appear 85 onwards.

Here is the team model from the 84 catalogue.........

And here are the forks featured on the 85 Silver star and koolstyler.....

:)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ammaco teamstar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx