gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 07:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  After a cheap branded NS Complete for a colleague's kid
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: After a cheap branded NS Complete for a colleague's kid  (Read 620 times)

Clean

After a cheap branded NS Complete for a colleague's kid
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:01 PM »
RADsters,

I need some help, please….  :-\

I am advising a colleague from work on a (very) cheap new school purchase for her 9 year old son this Christmas. The budget is no more than £130 / 140. Given the sprog’s age and ability there is no need for anything special, but a decent recognised brand name will avoid the usual micky taking etc. that goes on amongst those vicious little animals called children.

I have found a 2009 Redline from Winstanleys that is within budget, but I was wondering if any of you seen anything that fits the bill during your online bargain hunting?  ???

My colleague would also seriously consider a second hander from a fellow RADster if it was in “as new” condition, so come on… what yer got?  :knuppel2:

Thanks in advance from Stacey (my colleague) and I!  :daumenhoch:

Clean.  :coolsmiley:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: After a cheap branded NS Complete for a colleague's kid
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Rich id give them  the radshop number mate and see is stodgys got a last year model left of a cheaper end bike, thed get a bit more for their wedge. if stodgy cant help and im embarressed to surgest this BUT  :-[ :-[ :-[ winstanleys always have a sale bike section with sumtimes 2, 3 year old unsold models and they have sum good bargains in there.... just not the most reliable place to buy from..

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:24 PM »
 :) Sounds like a tall order.The Redline is prob your best bet unless you go for a used bike.Also consider if the bike will fit,his abilities will never increase if he struggles to even ride the bike.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27 PM »
:) Sounds like a tall order.The Redline is prob your best bet unless you go for a used bike.Also consider if the bike will fit,his abilities will never increase if he struggles to even ride the bike.

very good point there from James , so many kids ride round on a 20 inch bike when and 18 or even a 16 inch would suite much better  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41 PM »
I take it that you mean the 09 Redline Roam? Going off the specs/size it should be just fine.Downside is it seems to be racebike style and most sprogs seem to be more freestyle influenced.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:43 PM by VOIVOD »

Clean

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44 PM »
I take it that you mean the 09 Redline Roam? Going off the specs/size it should be just fine.Downside is it seems to be racebike style and most sprogs seem to be more freestyle influenced.

:daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:20 PM »

very good point there from James , so many kids ride round on a 20 inch bike when and 18 or even a 16 inch would suite much better  :daumenhoch:

what he said - I've been looking on/off for a couple of weeks for an 18" bike for a woman at work - her boy wants to ride the parks but a 20" would be too big
hopefully after xmas there'll be a flood of bikes after parents sell off the bikes their kids have grown out of

you just have to see young harrison rip it up to see the logic - if they have the right size bike at that age they can really progress fast

lk_97

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30 PM »
If he can get his budget up to £200 he can have the bike in my for sale thread, minus extra tyre and extra brake set(although will come with a good brakeset already fitted)

mileyboy

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57 PM »
How about a kink roc 2009, I took it in payment for some work this week, it's previous owner rode it literally once, it has some storage marks but is literally new. It's the black and green colour scheme. I can get photos tomorrow if you're interested

Clean

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 03:53 PM »
How about a kink roc 2009, I took it in payment for some work this week, it's previous owner rode it literally once, it has some storage marks but is literally new. It's the black and green colour scheme. I can get photos tomorrow if you're interested

Interested if the condition and price are right. YGPM. :daumenhoch:

Any thoughts on these?  ???

http://www.mafiabike.com/kush/kush.html

griff

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 04:02 PM »

how tall is the kid Rich? 20.5" maybe a bit big?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52 PM »
BMXs should be from BMX companies not toys like Mafia bikes.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 05:34 PM »

Interested if the condition and price are right. YGPM. :daumenhoch:

bet it weighs a ton ade from hi ten

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  After a cheap branded NS Complete for a colleague's kid

gfxgfx
gfx gfx