gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 03:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Brake Setups
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brake Setups  (Read 8569 times)

deeman

Re: Brake Setups
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Found boa's to me the best , run em on all my riders with tech 77, very hard to get 6mm, good job I pick loads of sets up years ago  Dead cheap :daumenhoch:and no

So you've got the european boa mountain then  ;D

Anyone got the ultimate mag pad?

Has anyone used the soft clear pads I keep seeing?

Jon,the new clear pads work brilliantly on mags,they just tend to squeak alot! :daumenhoch:

Coaster

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Kool D, what make are you using?

deeman

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 10:51 PM »
I had a pair of savage clear pads on the bike when i took the endo pics.I've got some SKYWAY tuff freestyle pads on it now though as thats what i had bitd,and that bike is going on the wall,but I'll probably go for the clears again for the rider i'm builidng!The SAVAGE ones i used are i think 5.99 on ebay,they come with different colour inserts too :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:20 PM by deeman »

Coaster

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I'm running the new skyway pads, their ok but nothing to write home about. I've also tried eagle 2's which are fairly similar  ???

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30 PM »
I'm running the new skyway pads, their ok but nothing to write home about. I've also tried eagle 2's which are fairly similar  ???
You have to sand the eagle II's a little first bro to get rid of the smooth surface. Worked for me on Z's, Peregrine's and Skyways  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Coaster

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 07:51 PM »
I did give 'em a quick rub but maybe not enough :) They're ok but I think I just expected a bit more really...................

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15 PM »
 I Use skyway pads on my graphites not the newer version all over eBay but the older type from 2007 ish , only seen them in black and white, i think there made by coolstop, there very soft and work brilliantly but also wear out very quick.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I did give 'em a quick rub but maybe not enough :) They're ok but I think I just expected a bit more really...................
Don't forget you need to fit them right with the trailing edge nearly touching the rim so it applies first upon braking and then the front comes in after  :daumenhoch:  Don't remove the trailing edge or they don't function properly  :P

Have you tried the Eagle II Salmon's dude  ??? They have something added apparently  :-\  Probably glass  :2funny:  but they work awesome  :daumenhoch:

Hard to get the threaded version of them now though  :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:29 PM by FreestyleRider »
BANNED

Coaster

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Yeh dood I think I know which skyway pads you're on about

I'm running skyways dood :-\ so I'm trying to use white or clear pads but I've heard they are wicked on rims
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:16 PM by Coaster »

deeman

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I'm running skyways dood :-\ so I'm trying to use white or clear pads but I've heard they are wicked on rims

mate,the clear pads bite right from the off,if you still have no stopping power check the brake setup! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Brake Setups

gfxgfx
gfx gfx