gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help needed dated a ripper
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help needed dated a ripper  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Help needed dated a ripper
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Here's an old Ripper

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Here's an old Ripper

I look like a Cripple Ripper  :crazy2:

What a mong  ;D

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 12:04 AM »
I've also just got my hands on "yup another" Ripper and mines a very very early one  ;)

Another round top tube one Ash ?  ::)

I'm with Andy , always made me ::) when I saw " I've bought this 81 Ripper " ,, How do you know ? :crazy2: :D

If Scot says it's random , I'd believe him  ;) ,, then again he did a shitload of drugs in the last 30 years  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:  :D

Gutted really about the Museum thread as I thought my Ripper was an 83 for a minute  :-\

BTW Craig  :) ,,Baby blue loopy's ,,CLASS  :daumenhoch:

scott says the numbers were random, Sal, who was one of the welders that put the SE and Race inc frames together says they were random,
some numbers tie in with the theory put forward on the museum but others don't such as the 0 numbers.
so until i have proof as far as i'm concerned there is no way to date a loopy PK Ripper apart from the round tope tube frames (79) and the non serial frames (also 79)
serial numbers started in nov 79 according to scott and were random

if anyone comes up with anything to disprove this please let me or Ash (kungfunky) know.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 12:09 AM »
first ever PK Ripper in the UK was red  :daumenhoch:

Hmmmm   interesting!!   Do you have a link?
nope, but i know who brought it in to the country and i also know where it is now  :) and i also saw it when it first came into the country in case you are in dought 

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11 AM »
I've also just got my hands on "yup another" Ripper and mines a very very early one  ;)

Another round top tube one Ash ?  ::)

I'm with Andy , always made me ::) when I saw " I've bought this 81 Ripper " ,, How do you know ? :crazy2: :D

If Scot says it's random , I'd believe him  ;) ,, then again he did a shitload of drugs in the last 30 years  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:  :D

Gutted really about the Museum thread as I thought my Ripper was an 83 for a minute  :-\

BTW Craig  :) ,,Baby blue loopy's ,,CLASS  :daumenhoch:

scott says the numbers were random, Sal, who was one of the welders that put the SE and Race inc frames together says they were random,
some numbers tie in with the theory put forward on the museum but others don't such as the 0 numbers.
so until i have proof as far as i'm concerned there is no way to date a loopy PK Ripper apart from the round tope tube frames (79) and the non serial frames (also 79)
serial numbers started in nov 79 according to scott and were random

if anyone comes up with anything to disprove this please let me or Ash (kungfunky) know.

Like you said before Andy , back to square one  ;)

and that's that  :angel:

There can't be a better source of info,, than from THE owner and fabricator  ::)  :)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 01:08 AM »
aye  :daumenhoch:

craigcurbow

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Thanks for all the info! Think i'm gonna stick with baby blue chrome forks and bars, watch this space :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Take pic's all the way mate  :daumenhoch:

well done on getting one  8)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help needed dated a ripper

gfxgfx
gfx gfx