gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  dont feel right
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dont feel right  (Read 9204 times)

m1ke

Re: dont feel right
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 04:57 PM »
 :4_17_5: ;D ;D ;D ;D

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 09:59 AM »
the vast majority of 80's bikes are designed with a 10 to 14 year old in mind,

Although that is true, the tall Pro's of the 80s all rode small bikes as well, but we learnt .... and moved on .... and made bikes that are nicer to ride. You dont have to put the seat down, or run no-brakes, but at least get a frame that is bigger, parts that are stronger, and a bike ultimately WAY better suited to "bmx riding" of any kind.

As for the car thing. I loved my Capri with all my heart, but there was only so many flooded Carb stalls (every day), super stiff steering wheel, crap heater and no load capacity I could take. It looked amazing, but wasnt all that great to DRIVE!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 11:26 AM »
You're right about the Capri thing Alex, Mine was Gold with a Brown vinyl roof  :D I loved it as well but They were horrible things to be in!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

gobshite

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 03:38 PM »
i had that same problem for years alex,
even when "21 frames started to come through i still felt cramped, as you know it took a custom frame for me to finally feel sorted on the bike,

dunno about the capri thing though..... ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 03:55 PM »
i loved my old Capri as well Alex, mine wouldn't start if there was a hint of moisture in the air......i would have to lay a blanket over the engine at night so it would start in the morning  :idiot2:  they all suffered with the fan thing (heater packing up) and many a time the back end would come round at a mention of a wet road....but i'd love a nother one now  :smitten:

SaMAlex

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Designs (in cars and BMXs) have progressed, for a reason, but tricks on bikes are still loads of fun. An endo or an air still rule, even more so if you know the bike is gunna hold together while doing it, and there'll be enough knee room to pedal away after!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Good points Rob.. I don't agree with them all but thats life innit.

I'm sure I'm about the same height as Mat Hoffman was in 91 when he blew what was possible out the window. Technology might have moved on in cars, bikes etc. but thats not the point... theres a bigger picture being what it is that motivates you to ride.

I always listen to what you are sayin especially when I'm riding with you as it helps me progress and I'm sure that I might get to a new school ride in time but I'm motivated to ride 'my' bike as I love how it looks and feels and thats what gets me out there... but like anything I'm sure that will change... I've got Lenny's S&M Holmes sat in my lounge waiting for me to have another go at building and riding...  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:55 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Rear ends on new school bikes are shorter, 13.75 seems to be normal now.

Now for the science.

With your Back Axle being the pivot point on tricks like Manuals it makes it a lot easier to balance the closer your feet (most of your weight pushing down) are to the pivot point.

That is why peg Manuals are piss easy.  The shorter rear ends enable easier lifting of the front end.

Ie: if I try a manual on my 96 Holmes 15.5" rear end I nearly pull my arms out the sockets because I'm nearly 2" more away from the pivot point.

Spen is right, get a new school when you feel your bike is holding you back.

Keep the Faith Brother. L

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Spen is right, get a new school when you feel your bike is holding you back.

...and to take this full circle... just don't expect it to feel like your old bike until you get used to it  :daumenhoch:

Dylan Thomas

trickydeno

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 12:04 AM »
some good points alround here fella's.it took me a good 4/5 park sessions to get used to riding my new school.....and my frames a 2007(old hat even now) but even though i love riding my old redline or trickstar....now i'm used to my mutiny,i wouldn't go back,not in the parks anyway.my old school rides are for that sunday paper run,or the mk lake ride  :)  everything feels assured with new school....bomb proof.where as every session on my old schoolers something came loose or broke.  

but like anything we do what we feel.and i do admire ed in a very non gay way  ;D  for sticking with what motivates him most.....he's just taking a slower approach into the new school world.he started with his 84 dp  -  then his 91 sport   -   now his 94 sport....by summer he'll be ridin bikes from this century  ;D  only jokin mate  ;)
can't fault ya.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:08 AM by trickyrichiedeno »

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 04:27 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  forgot i'd posted this one ,  

Sud stop reading now cos this'll make the noggin hurt bro'     :LolLolLolLol:

as Tricky says all valid points much appreciated ,even the usual tangent these posts tend to go off on  :daumenhoch:,    still toying with a newer school ride at the mo 09 fivestar lite  (sorry Ed  :-[ )   not built yet, as  i'm liking the Ruben ,

from a riding point of view as much as i love the bashyguard Sport i just felt a little unsafe on it,( not that i have any real skills anyhow, aside from floor polishing  ;D,)  i think mainly due to bits of it breaking whilst just putting it together,  before i got to ride it ,   so went for the newer design of the Ruben , and then obviously to thinking about a new school ,  

conquered the Door Gap of Doom at TRM1 ,  something i don't think i would have done on the sport ?  actually that was the Raddest thing i've done for years ,to some not that big of a deal but for me twas rad,  was chuffed to bits untill Glen said " you have to go the other way now "      :tickedoff:     :LolLolLolLol:  

don't feel the old bashy was holding me back in any way but my confidence has gone up a bit riding something a little newer,  :daumenhoch: don't know if that's  good or bad sure time will tell ?  

it's always taken me ages to learn something new on the bike so i have to assume that getting used to a new style bike will be just as long a process , its just the fact that it felt so much different straight away , not just something like the bars being off a little bit , but like a completley different type of bike ,  think it will be summer time deal to get used to a new school , with time and weather to ride every day.

of course any other thoughts will be appreciated  :daumenhoch:  

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:22 PM by oldtired »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 07:57 AM »
i do admire ed in a very non gay way

ALL MY FOOKIN EFFORTS..... WASTED  :'( :'( :'( :'( and I'd finally worked up the courage to follow you to the bogs on NYD  :(

Dylan Thomas

trickydeno

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11 PM »
i do admire ed in a very non gay way

ALL MY FOOKIN EFFORTS..... WASTED  :'( :'( :'( :'( and I'd finally worked up the courage to follow you to the bogs on NYD  :(

:LolLolLolLol: you fookin loon!

trickydeno

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 12:14 PM »
fookin ell jim.you either had a late night mate or an early start  :)  happy new year mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 12:34 PM »
insomnia Tricky thinking about fookin kids bikes just can't sleep , although it  could be the Guiness though  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  dont feel right

gfxgfx
gfx gfx