gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 06:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  scorpion brakedancer information center.........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: scorpion brakedancer information center.........  (Read 18658 times)

Deano

Re: brakedancer no2
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Im sure someone posted some info about who the rider was on my Brakedancer thread on BW.

These are a great sturdy bmx thats for sure and iv only ridden mine on the carpet  :-[ ;D didnt want to mark the nos acs mags  ::)
Since this thread has started iv had loads of pm's about mine and its making me like mine again  :daumenhoch:

Cant wait to see this evolve, unless your keeping it as is? Does look good and for the money its a nice buy.

I think Ronnie has one of these left?

The decal is quiet current too  ;D

brakedancer

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57 PM »
cheers deano

tbh you should keep your's you will defo regret it if you sell it ..... :(

get some mags in it and take it for a spin they ride really sweet.....

i have just re built my black and gold one ( more in keeping with the original halfords ad ) contacted del about decals so should be finished soon.....

will post up in my build thread when done...

have you a link to you dancer on bw

:daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 08:03 PM »
who was the English freestyler sponsored by scorpion and rode one of these?was it Terry Jenkins?or Jamie someone'memory is not what it used to be!! :idiot2:

Andy Preston rode for Scorpion for a while.

I recall a magazine with a photo of him doing a "knee press" (knees on bars, feet on seat) and the caption called him a "rave from the grave".  He was on a Brakedancer.

I didnt know the great AP rode for scorpion!my memory is bad but something is still telling me its not Andy Preston im thinking about.Im sure there was another english freestyler sponsored by them,sure it was a Jamie!!unless there was a someone who raced for scorpion called Jamie!i could be wrong.who was Jamie Vince?

Deano

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17 PM »
The history on BW is locked in a vault now as its a fresh new forum and only a few original threads left. Think i know who p[osted it so ill pm them and see if they have the info saved somewhere.

You know i might keep it in still deciding but going through the build pics on my pc has reminded me how good it was to build and it means i can keep my 72bug i made it for  :daumenhoch:
I may well stick my black tuffs on it for a blast now  ;) 8) idea.

Ps i need a head badge, is yours in black n yellow?
Your Halfords one sounds great  :) have you posted pics?

brakedancer

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 09:00 PM »
right deano

with the yellow dancer i recived a set of decals with the head badge on them the only problem is the colours on these are transparent..... :(
so when i offerd them up to the black one the paint showed through....

maybe if i send del the sheet he can scan it  and make you one :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 11:48 PM »
one of my favourite frames :smitten:

radical Dave Curry tested the dancer in BMX Action bike feb 85, can do a scan if anyone wants to view.

a few quotes: 'stylish and innovative addition to the freestyle scene', 'radical new design in brakology', 'the possibilities are endless'  8)

convinced me  :D couple of guises:

still heavy as feck though   :crazy2:
Vans Style

brakedancer

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 10:14 AM »
cool mag not seen that before ;)

anybody else who has pictures, info.links feel free to post on here :daumenhoch:

Deano

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Yeah iv got that mag also, but in it there was no good close ups on the brake set-up which is what i wanted to get right.

This threads going to be a real good source of info for anyone doing one in the future 8)

:daumenhoch:

ukoldschool

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 01:32 PM »
I remember these for sale in Halfrauds (oh how we laughed) Im sure that the back brake was on the inside of the seat stays, and the lower brake was too, so you got good braking in both directions of wheel rotation

Deano

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05 PM »
I remember these for sale in Halfrauds (oh how we laughed) Im sure that the back brake was on the inside of the seat stays, and the lower brake was too, so you got good braking in both directions of wheel rotation

I have mine mounted top n bottom on the rear but i dont have a coaster brake aswell like it had bitd.

brakedancer

Re: scorpion brakedancer information center.........
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 12:24 AM »
was thinking too at work today that this would be a good source for future brakedancer builders :daumenhoch:

they write them about haros  ::)

anyhow will post up some more scans i have made and a few pics of the diffrent brake set up's...... tomorrow ZZzzZZzz.....
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:11 AM by brakedancer »

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 12:43 AM »

I remember the mag with the picture on the front cover  :smitten:  would love one of these in my collection  :smitten: :smitten:  anyone pleeeeeeeeeeez  ;)

keep the pics coming guys , top job  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

brakedancer

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 12:56 PM »
a few pics of the rear twin brake lever......

as it would have came on the fully built bike (halfords ad) .... original hardware...

and how i re-built in to a weinmann tech 5 copy...

brakedancer

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47 PM »
a few more scans :daumenhoch:

Deano

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Awesome mate, thats how i have my rears positioned on mine.

I need to dust mine off and get some new pictures of it up, since iv put an acs stem on it and stuff.

Those scans are great and like the title  ;) i might just have to get del to do me a head badge if he can when he can.

brakedancer

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 09:21 PM »
cheers deano me old son :daumenhoch:

underside brake is a 750 center pull standard on halford ad bikes... as this gives more clearence on the crank

if i remember didnt you run a mx900....?

Deano

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Yeah mate thats spot on, i wanted to try and add some nicer parts and see if i could get it all to work correct. An mx1000 wouldnt work with the crank i have (think its the original opc) as the adjuster was sticking out and fouling the crank. So i went for a 900 and its a nats winky from catching the crank.
Iv decided to keep mine now and have a tinker with it over the next few months. I have actually thought about adding some acs calipers and remove the dc's so they tie in better with the acs stem and mags/blocks.

No doubt ill be back later with pictures  :P

brakedancer

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 04:52 PM »
cool im glad your keeping it :daumenhoch:

look foward to seeing the revised version ...

simon h

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Steal....Great bike..

Deano

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Just thpought id add a few pics of my tee

brakedancer

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 04:53 PM »
like that  8)

me want one... :)

Deano

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 07:26 PM »
It wouldnt be hard to replicate if you want me to take pics on a flat surface mate  ;)

I was sold this @ mk and told its an original 80's tee, didnt want to leave without it once i saw it tbf  :smitten:

Thanks D

deeman

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18 PM »
It's a sick tee,looks original to me! :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 09:33 PM »

A big thankyou to Deano for selling me the Breakdancer , it came today and i couldn't wait to drop it off for a fresh new powder coat look  :smitten: :smitten: 

i'll get some pics up shortly  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

motomagII

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45 PM »
daz do it as tribute as per the front page of the mag .the rider on the left as theres 2 bikes was our very own andy irwin teasting that ride (ps he hated it lol)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  scorpion brakedancer information center.........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx