gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do I know my skyways are genuine
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do I know my skyways are genuine  (Read 3175 times)

oldskoolg60

How do I know my skyways are genuine
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:07 PM »
As above, all it says on them is raleigh and nothing else, i was sold them believing that they were skyways. Theyre white but gone yellow, im not looking to restore them to white because the bike is going to be rough and ready , but i just want to know if ive been sold something different
Cheers guys

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: How do I know my skyways are genuine
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Pics would help?
2 minutes turkish...

oldskoolg60

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31 PM »

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Deffo not tuff's but could be those cheaper wheels they made...  :-\

Someone will know for sure

Hope you're not gonna be riding on those... flextastic..  :D
2 minutes turkish...

lk_97

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:46 PM »
They're Raleigh mags, they came on some stylers and certain team burner replica's(not the team pro) :daumenhoch:

oldskoolg60

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25 PM »
are they crap then? i was hoping to put them on my new build and use it to knock about on and try doing some tricks , i dont want to be using them if thyre liable to shatter!

lk_97

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:28 PM »
You'd be better with skyways, z mags or zytecs. but they might be alright :)

oldskoolg60

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:35 PM »
bloomin typical, wish i had joined up here before spending money on these that were advertised as skyways,  >:(  might have to revert to the  acs z rims then !

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:35 PM »
just dont go jumping about on them ::)
Ride it like its stolen

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 08:38 PM »
are they crap then? i was hoping to put them on my new build and use it to knock about on and try doing some tricks , i dont want to be using them if thyre liable to shatter!

They will shatter mate, fork out on some Tuffs, you'll get a decent, clean repop set on here for about 50-60 quid or a new set of eBay for a little more. :daumenhoch:

Did you buy yours from eBay, if the guy's sold them saying they were Tuffs then try and get him to refund you threatening to report him for false advertising. If he co-operates then you'll have some cash spare for the real deal. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

oldskoolg60

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 09:00 PM »
cheers guys, off to the classifieds i go

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:27 AM »
 ;D they won't shatter - the only thing you will shatter, is yer pants  ;D

in fact as mags go they aren't bad for a mag that can be ridden - they don't flex

they are strong, but with this comes weight and also the fear from RAD boys  ;D

if you want to ride them around that is fine - just check for cracks and loose bearings

put them in some bleach and they should go a bit whiter - see sticky threads in here for a "how to bleach"

cheers B   ;)

bonded window ?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

deeman

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 12:35 PM »
they definitely arent skyways!where did you get them?if it was ebay,as above report them or try and sort a refund out on the grounds that they were mis-sold.especially if you have paid skyway money for them.If you are stuck with them,you will probably be able to sell them on a burner forum,or just ride them and see what happens.if worst comes to worst and they snap,grab some repop tuffs.take a look at the museum on here,most of the freestylers will be wearing skyways,they have a classic and distinctive shape!! :daumenhoch:

trickie

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 12:57 PM »
;D they won't shatter - the only thing you will shatter, is yer pants  ;D

in fact as mags go they aren't bad for a mag that can be ridden - they don't flex

they are strong, but with this comes weight and also the fear from RAD boys  ;D

if you want to ride them around that is fine - just check for cracks and loose bearings

put them in some bleach and they should go a bit whiter - see sticky threads in here for a "how to bleach"

cheers B   ;)

bonded window ?

Good words of advice right there.. I had these wheels on my burner back in the day, good enough wheel for most things but i wouldn't want to jump an old set now. Swapped mine for a dodgy well worn out set of Acorns... which snapped :( so ended up with forking out for Skyways.. You'd have no problems selling these to someone restoring a Burner  :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 07:10 PM »
You'd have no problems selling these to someone restoring a Burner  :daumenhoch:
Yeah, and it could be that they are worth what you paid or even more.  I was gob-smacked to see a Mk1 Burning F&F being sold on here recently for £600ish..  If someone had offered this to me for £30 I would have politely walked away (walked away = sprint as fast as I can!!).  So, it could be that you have a super rare/desirable gem!!

Let us know how you get on..

Paul

oldskoolg60

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55 PM »
hmmmm, conflicting views on here, suppose i could use the new skyways one week, and the raleigh mags the other, just means changine brake pads as the new ones are blue. ill probably keep the raleigh mags. cheers to everyone who has posted on here. cant wait to build up my bike now!
Manny

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Never mind tuppaware wheels, you got ya forks yet   :LolLolLolLol:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

oldskoolg60

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Yes Simon. They arrived today,  got a couple of seatposts too and waiting on the skyways ( real ones) to come, will probably put the raleigh mags on for now and then put the skyways on later, i also bought a screw on freewheel for the new skyways. Just need my fave bike shop to supply and fot the rear brakes and the front lever and front brake cable as i have some old calipers here for the front.
 :)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 08:22 PM »
bloomin typical, wish i had joined up here before spending money on these that were advertised as skyways,  >:(  might have to revert to the  acs z rims then !

put your z rims on  :daumenhoch:  burner world or the skip for them mags  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Yes Simon. They arrived today,  got a couple of seatposts too and waiting on the skyways ( real ones) to come, will probably put the raleigh mags on for now and then put the skyways on later, i also bought a screw on freewheel for the new skyways. Just need my fave bike shop to supply and fot the rear brakes and the front lever and front brake cable as i have some old calipers here for the front.
 :)

See you soon then  ;)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do I know my skyways are genuine

gfxgfx
gfx gfx