gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  COASTER BRAKE QUESTION
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: COASTER BRAKE QUESTION  (Read 929 times)

deeman

COASTER BRAKE QUESTION
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I have a pair of alloy hubbed tuffs with 16t freewheel.I also have a brand new rear ACORN freestyle wheel with a SUNTOUR coaster brake.what i would like to know is if it is possible to convert the suntour coaster into the rear skyway?has anyone done this before?it looks as though the rivets on the tuff hubs could be drilled out and replaced with the long nuts and bolts which hold the coaster together.the holes even look like they are the same distance apart.i have seen a couple of tuffs with a suntour coaster for sale and it looks as if this is how it is fitted.id just like some confirmation before i start doing irrepairable damage to my alloy hub!!!any help appreciated! :idiot2:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: COASTER BRAKE QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Although the guts are Idenical on Skyway and Acorn Coasters, you can't swap the hubs around :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Although the guts are Idenical on Skyway and Acorn Coasters, you can't swap the hubs around :daumenhoch:

thanks Brett,i didnt actually want to swap the hubs,just the guts if i could?is there a reason why?it all looks as if it would line up if you see what i mean'the acorn seems to have the same construction in the middle as the ally hub tuff.sorry,i dont want to sound ignorant.what would be the hindering factor? :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 11:25 AM »
SO to get this right you have
1. Free wheel tuffs
2. Coaster Acorns
and you want to put the coaster guts from the Acorns into the freewheel Skyways. 

No you cant do this. 

If the tuffs were originally coaster and the have been converted to free coaster then you can :daumenhoch:

Hope this helps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  COASTER BRAKE QUESTION

gfxgfx
gfx gfx