gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Hello I'm New (and in Preston, Lancs) (and I'm a girl)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello I'm New (and in Preston, Lancs) (and I'm a girl)  (Read 6975 times)

flamingkitties

Hello I'm New (and in Preston, Lancs) (and I'm a girl)
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Finally! I'm in!
Hi, I'm new.  I'm a girl (woman, if you prefer). My name's Lou and I bought my first BMX bike (since I was 8 years old, I'm now 30) a few weeks ago and I've not ridden it much yet.

I have learned how to do small bunny hops on the street outside my house, and I can almost get the thing to stop on one brake (yeah, impressive, isn't it?)

I did take myself down to the Arc in Preston, a large indoor ramp centre, two weeks ago but I chose a bad day. It was chock full of 12 year old boys, mostly on scooters, and I felt massively out of place. I basically sat and watched for an hour and left without even getting on a ramp.  I would like to be able to find some more mature riders to ride with and learn from.  Are there any older riders around the Preston area or any advice of how I can find some?  I can't just turn up at skate parks it doesn't feel right.

I quite liked bimbling about on the street outside the Arc, so I'm happy not to be in a skatepark if that's not where people meet (I am so out of touch/old). I currently live way out in the sticks, where pavement is laughed at by farmers and sheep, so we don't have any. So I have nothing to 'play' on.

Anyway, hello from me.

OH, my bike is a Premium Solo, it was a pre-made shop thing, but I am sure I'll end up refitting it, should I actually get out and find out what bits I don't like - already replaced the saddle because it was like sitting on a pike (the sharp one not the fishy one).

Er, that's it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:14 PM by flamingkitties »

griff

Re: Hello I'm New (and in Preston, Lancs) (and I'm a girl)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:30 PM »
welcome to rad Lou :daumenhoch:

there's loads of mature* radsters up your way who I'm sure would be glad to have you along - the guys on here often organise private events where you can fall off without being watched by scooter rats and scene kids
not many wimminz round these here parts so expect to be inundated with replies fairly soon   ;D

cheers

griff

* when I say 'mature' I mean old

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Hey Lou,

Welcome aboard, be carefull sitting on that pike!  :LolLolLolLol:

Rob  :daumenhoch:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Welcome to the site  :daumenhoch:

I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Lou keep your eye on the members events section, we hire out ramp city in Blackpool quite regular you're more than welcome to come along...  :daumenhoch:

You'll be able to ride what you like at your own pace without feeling intimidated, it's bigger than the arc so plenty of room and it has ramps for every ability

The arc's become my new local, i'm from Darwen btw

2 minutes turkish...

flamingkitties

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Thanks all

Yeah, I  meant old too.

Good, as nice as it is to see young kids not kicking in grannies or pooing in someone's garden*, I can't hang about with them, there's probably laws against it, also if I said "I'm going home to listen to some Depeche Mode" they'd probably think I was French and mug me...ah, the youth of today.   Hope some of the local people stick their heads in the forum and see me waving then, can't have my poor bike sitting out alone in the cold all winter.

*I've not seen any young people doing this.

welcome to rad Lou :daumenhoch:

there's loads of mature* radsters up your way who I'm sure would be glad to have you along - the guys on here often organise private events where you can fall off without being watched by scooter rats and scene kids
not many wimminz round these here parts so expect to be inundated with replies fairly soon   ;D

cheers

griff

* when I say 'mature' I mean old

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Welcome to Rad, as Mark (betty) says, Ramp city is cool because its big and when we hire it out its mostly older riders and not intimidating at all, try rolling round the track at Preston too, any riding helps build confidence and skill.

By the way, I am a woman too

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

flamingkitties

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Thanks, Betty. I will keep my eyes peeled and try not to look too sheepish should I make it down.  Will have me other half drop me off and he can go and eat chips and flick v-signs at the seagulls.

flamingkitties

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Har har @ Diggler.
IS that the outdoor racing track?  I've not even looked at that yet!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Yep, try on Saturdays, the club meets there for practice sessions and coaching

http://www.prestonpiratesbmxclub.com/08/coaching-session-2210/

They are a good bunch, maybe go and watch 1st, see what its all about but you can go and use the track whenever you like, its free  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Welcome to Rad, as Mark (betty) says, Ramp city is cool because its big and when we hire it out its mostly older riders and not intimidating at all, try rolling round the track at Preston too, any riding helps build confidence and skill.

By the way, I am a woman too  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

you def look hot in the womens clothes you wear .

flamingkitties

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Yep, try on Saturdays, the club meets there for practice sessions and coaching

http://www.prestonpiratesbmxclub.com/08/coaching-session-2210/

They are a good bunch, maybe go and watch 1st, see what its all about but you can go and use the track whenever you like, its free  :daumenhoch:

Busy this weekend and in Sweden next but will pop down when I get back and have a watch! Doesn't it get muddy in the rain?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 07:42 AM »
Why not get your name down for this

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=134080.0

You most defiantly won't feel old here  8)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Is anyone else on here thinking the same as me?  How long is it going to take one of you pervs to dib the old seat!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Anyway welcome to the madhouse!  :daumenhoch:

flamingkitties

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:36 AM »

You most defiantly won't feel old here  8)

It's a little far away for the time being - I don't drive, I have to be carted about by my other half, and I'm not sure he'd appreciate having to go to Leicestershire for a few hours to sit about. He hasn't much interest in bmx.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 09:52 AM »

You most defiantly won't feel old here  8)

He hasn't much interest in bmx.
Welcome aboard Lou  :daumenhoch: Know how you feel on this part as my lady not interested AT ALL  :yahoo_silent: When I get one of my rides to go for a ride I always get "don't you get emabarrased riding that on the streets?"   :shocked:

Anyways, you lot are lucky up there to get all that riding/ramp area  :'(  My local in Bushy Park is always full of university bum alongs that just sit around dossing, smoking and looking like they are begging for some change. When I pull up, they just stare and you know they are wondering what the fook is that doing here  :crazy2:  :knuppel2:  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:54 AM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Is anyone else on here thinking the same as me?  How long is it going to take one of you pervs to dib the old seat!!!

And Stu, her other half sat on it last and farted  :crazy2: She says you can have it for a score  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:
BANNED

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 08:02 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:    Diggler like the new look , does your wife know you've started wearing her cloths  :2funny: :2funny:

Hi Lou i see you posted on my 40th birthday  Ramp City meet next month  :daumenhoch:  your more than welcome to come  , just one question are you a nurse as us old men are always hurting ourselfs especially Diggler  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Kappy  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

flamingkitties

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 11:45 PM »
  Hi Lou i see you posted on my 40th birthday  Ramp City meet next month  :daumenhoch:  your more than welcome to come  , just one question are you a nurse as us old men are always hurting ourselfs especially Diggler  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

No I'm an admin drone. Sorry, and a hypochondriac liable to wuss out at the slightest broken leg.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 07:50 AM »

No I'm an admin drone. Sorry, and a hypochondriac liable to wuss out at the slightest broken leg.

You've obviously seen the form of some of these mentals :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
(have fun, BTW!)

gobshite

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11 AM »
pics or it never happened. :P

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Another Lou, Cool  8)

Welcome aboard young lady, feel free to rattle their cages as you walk past.

Pull up a chair and grab a beer.

flamingkitties

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Thanks.
Beer would be good, just had my first day back at work after a week off. Dead now.

Another Lou, Cool  8)

Welcome aboard young lady, feel free to rattle their cages as you walk past.

Pull up a chair and grab a beer.

mamadirt

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 03:06 PM »
I don't drive, I have to be carted about by my other half,

Way to go Lou!  :daumenhoch:  Me too.

Hear what you're saying about the skateparks too.  Damn, I'm almost twice your age but I've made a New Year's resolution not to give a flying flink  :yahoo_silent: .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Hello I'm New (and in Preston, Lancs) (and I'm a girl)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx