gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Zippo Resurrection!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Zippo Resurrection!  (Read 2535 times)

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
Zippo Resurrection!
« on: October 03, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Hello All,

Some of you may remeber this f&f when it was done as a 87 Master rep with black tuffs and redline cranks, had to split and sell off a lot of my stuff due to work and health issues, and i kind of fell out of the scene on here , but never really went away , just mooched quietly around, not posting. :(

Recently things are getting better now and the bug has been itching away again..all that i had left was the frame forks, bars and stem , stripped and lacqured ,with hardly any  stickers, so i set about trawling ebay , selling bits and bobs to raise a few quid , ,i decided to go down a more new-school route with it this time about ,  but keeping it looking clean and simple, and eventually its done !!  :shocked:  33-13 gearing looks good and  is perfect for me , pivotal seat , and the by now ubiqitous Exposure tyres!

At the moment i`m in two minds about a brake , i`m leaning towards one ... :2funny:

I reckon the whole bike , over the years hasn`t cost me more than £170, and the recent rebuild was done on a very tight budget , i was only spending what i made on ebay.

Took it out for a quick spin today and i`m sooo chuffed with the ride , solid , agile , tight and nice and light too, ten minutes was all it took to totally get me hooked on riding again !!  :smitten:

Hope you like it !! :daumenhoch:

It`s good to be back!!

Dave
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: Zippo Resurrection!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 11:52 PM »
welcome back Dave, nice ride mate, I like the twin top tube with the new school look :coolsmiley:

are you still living in Leigh?

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:30 AM »
 :daumenhoch:  likeing that nice and clean looking ,

personally i'd run at least run one brake, front or rear ,even if you don't use it its nice to be able to stop quickly when you kneed to  :daumenhoch: 

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:28 PM »
very nice Brother

It just goes to show even tho we are all addicted to chasing that magic part/bike that influenced us back in the day (but probs couldn't afford).

It's the actual 'Soul' of a bike that counts.

Great story behind your bike Matey. Even greaterer that your back getting your flow on.

Keep the faith. L

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Looks good mate - my brother swears by the Zippo I gave him as a birthday present about 4 years ago and jumps it off everything :idiot2:

I built one for my mate's son last year after picking up an f&f off Andy Delray at MK :daumenhoch:

Still limping......

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments lads !!

Yeah Gaz i`m still in leigh ,selwyn street , near the old rugby ground ...

Lenny the difference this time around is that i wasnt going to break the bank , and thats better , causeit means i won`t be worried abaout breaking a skyway wheel or a redlline crank , not that i would , but you know what i mean?, but that f&f has been with me a while now and as skint as i was , i couldnt part with it !

Oldtired , i reckon  i will runa rear brake ,i  have considered an adapter plate and a u-brake rather than an OS caliper , but having said that i think a repop MXthou would do the job once i`ve set it up properly,

:daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Get a u-brake adapter, they're much better brakes, especially if it's a rider. I have 2 rear brakesets for sale(one is a black evo 2, odyssey linear cable, black left hand monolever) Other is red right hand monolever, red cable, and salt caliper(eclat copy) both come with brake pads etc.  :daumenhoch:

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 08:55 PM »
do adapters and calipers  look tidy when fitted though, it sounds good to have a proper working brake , but  i want the bike to look as clean as poss , anyone  got any pics of a set up on chainstays????? :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Zippo Resurrection!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx