gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This STINKS.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This STINKS.  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: This STINKS.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 11:57 AM »
an impass.

he holds the cards.

offer him 200 quid ( 320 dollars?)

its worth it all day.

not ideal, but its a nice and rare thing an still good value at that.

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Collecting Old BMX bikes used to be so much more fun that this...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
[/quote]

Collecting old bikes is getting stupid expensive...

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Doesn't seem a lot you can do Dave, just put it down to experience.

This type of thing does stink though, what a w4nker. >:D

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30 PM »
an impass.

he holds the cards.

offer him 200 quid ( 320 dollars?)

its worth it all day.

not ideal, but its a nice and rare thing an still good value at that.

then when its in your hands BURN HIM WITH FEEDBACK... he can only leave a comment on your comment... can't give you bad feedback  :daumenhoch:

shocking behaviour  >:(
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Rodgy1970

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 01:28 PM »
That bike has been advertised locally in Northern Ireland.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/raleigh-areo-pro-burner-chrome-old-school-1980s/89743250

Looks like not being familiar with ebay he's listed it on US ebay by mistake so hasn't got the interest he expected.

I don't think he'll worry about neg feedback considering it's a new account and it'll probably be a waste of time persuing him.

You have to be easy come, easy go with ebay IMHO.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 01:47 PM »
yeah i'd let it go Dave, out of principle i wouldn't offer him anymore  >:(

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31 PM »
prinicipals are all well and good, but it will more than certainly sell for a reasonable amount, and if you could still get it for a fair price, then it would be in good hands.

a message along the lines off,  ok, ti still want the bike, i won it fair and square a the lower price, however, you appear to have misunderstood ebay's rules etc, so how about we meet somewhere in between, so both parties end up salvaging something from it.

no hassle, just a simple transaction at a given amount.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 04:50 PM »
if he def wont sell to you

msg him back and say something like

"hope you got more than £??? (fill very large amount in here) from the other buyer"

and await a response like this one ...

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=94399.0

and report the fecker
won't get you the bike for £91
but you can have a good laugh reading the sneaky buyer moaning he was asked for more ££'s
for years after the event ..  ^"^  ::)  >:D
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 06:18 PM »
prinicipals are all well and good, but it will more than certainly sell for a reasonable amount, and if you could still get it for a fair price, then it would be in good hands.

a message along the lines off,  ok, ti still want the bike, i won it fair and square a the lower price, however, you appear to have misunderstood ebay's rules etc, so how about we meet somewhere in between, so both parties end up salvaging something from it.

problem is how long before every one has that attitude and then would be pointless bidding on stuff if you know you ain`t going to get it . 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 06:29 PM »

problem is how long before every one has that attitude and then would be pointless bidding on stuff if you know you ain`t going to get it . 

Plenty of arseholes out there, no matter what. Shill bidders, fake accounts, people pretending to be something their not to gain trust and favour. Been going on since the beginning of time, and it will continue to be the case...

If its a mistake his end, then you might get a good bike at a good price, if he's reasonable.

If not, cest la vie was my point.

Unfortunately some people don't think like you or I, people are inherently greedy, and if they think they can get better elsewhere, then most do.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 06:39 PM »
go all the way and take him to court,a contract is a contract,im sure youd win,could be a laugh too ???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Plenty of arseholes out there, no matter what. Shill bidders, fake accounts, people pretending to be something their not to gain trust and favour. Been going on since the beginning of time, and it will continue to be the case...

If its a mistake his end, then you might get a good bike at a good price, if he's reasonable.

If not, cest la vie was my point.

Unfortunately some people don't think like you or I, people are inherently greedy, and if they think they can get better elsewhere, then most do.

too true  and at least there some honest people out
no1stuntmaster on instagram

eamonn

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 08:24 PM »
happened to me, i rang the seller told me he was going to relist it, in the end i paid more than I bid not great really
was a member on here too

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 10:29 PM »
I said It to mark when his synth sold for nothing. I've had at least 6 cases of bargains I've won only to never get the item. The usual excuse is that it's just stopped working. Everybody is doing it, I wouldn't hesitate to do it now.
People don't want to pay if it goes high, or sell if it doesn't. It's lonely on the moral high ground, so I'm climbing down. Fook it.
Mind you, I don't put a £500 quid bike on for 99p no reserve.
ding dong

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 11:01 PM »
He's an eBay newbie (apparently)..  :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250909998894'ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1434.l2649#ht_500wt_1327

The bike is wrongly described and has the wrong wheels, seat and decals... its actually a relatively rare Mk2 Cromo Burner (Koizumi Frameset NOT Raleigh Notts).

Its more than likely a case that one of the other bidders who missed out have tipped him off that its worth more than £91.00... which again STINKS...

eBay won't do anything I know that... and with feedback of +2 its hardly gonna worry him if he gets his account suspended.

Collecting Old BMX bikes used to be so much more fun that this...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Took me ages to sell my Koizumi Cromo not long back!!

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Was it up for £91  :-*

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29 PM »
very annoying that is.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This STINKS.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx