gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975617 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 22, 2024, 11:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  2011 London Christmas ride 4th December
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2011 London Christmas ride 4th December  (Read 62107 times)

poggy77

Re: 2011 London Christmas ride 4th December
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2011, 10:34 AM »
there's a few of us newwaves vee dubbers going to try and tag along if all is cool !!???????

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2011, 10:41 AM »
there's a few of us newwaves vee dubbers going to try and tag along if all is cool !!???????

Nice one Poggy, be nice to see you all again!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Be around 35+ like I had before so will be a good turn out if everyone turns up  :coolsmiley:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2011, 02:12 PM »
So what time is everyone meeting at Liverpool Street?  is it 9, 9.30, 10 or 11 ? ? ? ? ?   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
As i live in Chelmsford and can meet you there.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2011, 03:19 PM »
So what time is everyone meeting at Liverpool Street?  is it 9, 9.30, 10 or 11 ? ? ? ? ?   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
As i live in Chelmsford and can meet you there.  :daumenhoch:

Be getting there about 10am Jim, me, Crooch and Costa will be there and Robbo and others should be there too, then we'll all cycle over to Waterloo from there  ;)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37 PM »
cool, sounds perfect will check the train times so i get there for 10  ;)

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Looking forward to this one boys, should be a nice festive atmosphere in the air to drink to  :D

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I shall look forward to you bying me a beer adam  8)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Tim38

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 08:44 PM »
the curry bazaar is ready and waiting have pre warned them,they love it when we come there.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 11:18 AM »
we just gotta find the train station home a bit quicker than last time  ;D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Went to have a look over and a quick test ride of the bike i'm going to ride in London

looked alright - changed the bars for some thing a little more feel and feed back - checked the tires and put correct pressure (well according to me  ;D)
Took a test ride and felt some thing was wrong  ???  check the chain and how it was all turning !  it was the loose /tight /loose /tight action - of which i hate as i had a high side with a chain jump and get stuck - put a hole in my hand /wasn't fun  :-[

so today i thought right I'll have a look - worked out it was the spider that was out of sink when turning - simple just change the spider - right  ???

well took it all apart - grease every where - new spider all clean and ready - wrong size  :shocked:  bugger !

so look around and see another bike with a good spider that will fit - take that apart
I don't trust the chain ring on the old one so a new chain ring from the new source - clean both parts and chain ring bolts

line every thing up and put all back together - only about 2-3 hours of work on a sunday  ::) to get it back up and running smooth

tested again and it feels dialed in now  >:D just how i like a bike to be  8) with the bars feeling better and the chain now running smooth with out the pull, it is a much better ride

the weather better be good as i'm looking forward to running this bike  ;)

last thing - the first chain ring was a 44t - i forgot till i finished and test it all how much difference a 40t felt - faster and the start but it's gonna kill me on keeping up with those running a 44t on the long haul  ;D  bugger  ::)

well i hope every one has had a look at there rides and given a quick test and a tighten up on bolts and nuts - don't want to here of anybody saying that they had a panic the night before and that they nearly didn't turn up  ??? ;D

cheers B  :D

griff

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2011, 01:28 AM »
day after munny mark's do at the boardroom so probably a no from me...  :(

You can do both Griff :daumenhoch:

munny mark's do looking unlikely as I probably shouldn't be jumping about on a dodgy wrist
but a gentle pedal about in the smoke should be do-able  :angel:

better check how late the trains run back to bracknell/reading....

griff

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2011, 01:45 AM »
what time do these things normally finish? looks like trains back to wokingham run quite late so might be able to do the drinking + curry option instead of driving sober
fingers crossed I can get a taxi that'll take a bike though or else I'll probably be killed down the dark lanes riding the 3 miles back to Binfield

maybe I should look into getting some lights  ;D

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2011, 01:54 AM »
if you come for the curry and beer, you won't care about riding back in the dark  ;D  you might keep riding till the morning  ;D

Tim and i last time went out of liverpool station and rode around for about an hour till we were on the right track for waterloo station  :2funny:  great to ride the streets of london late at night - just some thing so cool about it

and the time before that Pooch and i got lost on the way back to waterloo - it was amazing - the streets were so quiet and lite up in a way that it was like a film - just two bmxer's having a blast  8)

curry finished last time around 9-10pm - it might be early this time of year for the light goes at around 5pm so i guess a few will go home

if any one is thinking of staying for the Curry and Beer - DO IT  :shocked:  Bloody good time and a laugh  >:D

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59 AM »
Be Great to see you there Griff but I don't want you on you new Tat :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2011, 11:14 AM »
I'm putting a new ride together for this little outing. Robbo is making me!!  :knuppel2:
I'm hoping it is gonna run ok without any problems. Waiting on bits so unable to finish yet!  ???

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Robbo is making me!!  :knuppel2:

Well, it would be nice for you to be riding a nice bike for once.... :2funny:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2011, 12:39 PM »
as it's the opposite way for you robbo - would be good to see you riding nice on a bike for once  ;D

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2011, 01:34 PM »
if staying for curry and beer, where can the bikes be locked up? or do we take them into the curry house?  :laugh:

griff

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43 PM »
if you come for the curry and beer, you won't care about riding back in the dark  ;D  you might keep riding till the morning  ;D

Tim and i last time went out of liverpool station and rode around for about an hour till we were on the right track for waterloo station  :2funny:  great to ride the streets of london late at night - just some thing so cool about it

and the time before that Pooch and i got lost on the way back to waterloo - it was amazing - the streets were so quiet and lite up in a way that it was like a film - just two bmxer's having a blast  8)

curry finished last time around 9-10pm - it might be early this time of year for the light goes at around 5pm so i guess a few will go home

if any one is thinking of staying for the Curry and Beer - DO IT  :shocked:  Bloody good time and a laugh  >:D

ok - got it all sorted apart from the train ticket - going back to wokingham from waterloo so will be there for curry and pedal back with you guys  :daumenhoch:
ordered myself some lights for the dark journey back form the station
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330629660471&clk_rvr_id=289172467384
even ordered some of these (for increased side visibility  ;D)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280766527600'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

best of all just received a text from my boss - had one day's hols left so not going in next monday either  :daumenhoch:

and no bretty I won't be on the new school  ;)
can't decide on whether to take the haro or the silverfox.....

Tim38

« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2011, 02:29 PM »
if staying for curry and beer, where can the bikes be locked up? or do we take them into the curry house?  :laugh:
The bikes go in the curry house,they are ok with that

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00 PM »

ok - got it all sorted apart from the train ticket - going back to wokingham from waterloo so will be there for curry and pedal back with you guys  :daumenhoch:
ordered myself some lights for the dark journey back form the station
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330629660471&clk_rvr_id=289172467384
even ordered some of these (for increased side visibility  ;D)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280766527600'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

best of all just received a text from my boss - had one day's hols left so not going in next monday either  :daumenhoch:

and no bretty I won't be on the new school  ;)
can't decide on whether to take the haro or the silverfox.....

Haro Mr Griff please.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01 PM »
as it's the opposite way for you robbo - would be good to see you riding nice on a bike for once  ;D

Fookin ell, pot and kettle springs to mind!!!!  :2funny:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Have a great time on Sunday fellas ... wishing you a crisp and bright day :coolsmiley:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

thecrooch

« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Change of plan for me im afraid... cant make the morning but will be about to pick up the pieces in the afternoon and defo up for a curry!

Matt/Robbo - sorry guys so dont wait for me at Liv st. 

Matt - ill bell you on the day so that i can find you...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  2011 London Christmas ride 4th December

gfxgfx
gfx gfx