gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not famous riders, but who do you remember as being good BITD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not famous riders, but who do you remember as being good BITD  (Read 2840 times)

curtispro

Re: Not famous riders, but who do you remember as being good BITD
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Its a small world fugazi33, are you a lynn boy? can you remember Kevin Rye, Andrew Gathercole, Carl Reed, Calvin Mallett, Jon Curtis (me)  ?

I recognise Your name! Whereabouts did/do You live? I know the rest & did a few demo's with Kev & Uug in the latter days of the trick team  :LolLolLolLol:  Yeah I used to live in KL, I'm Shane who rode with Jay, or Bill as We called Him then!

We were all from Clenchwarton, (me Kev, uug, Calvin and Carl) and we formed the original King's Lynn freestyle team in about 83 and did demos  :LolLolLolLol: unfortunately it got to a stage when the audience were better than us  :LolLolLolLol:, the team disbanded and Kev and ugg carried on around late 84 I think, Jay and Pat were about then and the Lynn track had been built at the back of the YMCA, I was the youngest member of the team and couldn't pull the big tricks  :LolLolLolLol:  so I bailed, I can't put a face to your name Shane  :-[ but here's a flash back pic for you  :LolLolLolLol:

From the left Uug, Calvin, me, Carl and Kev  hahahahahahaha  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 01:28 PM »
I know who You are now!!! We have met but a very long time ago now  :LolLolLolLol: I can't believe how young everybody looks ha!
The team, in One form or another staggered on until the latter part of the 80's, with Pat, Jay & then Me taking over for Kev & Uug as They rode less & less  :( Kev used to come ride flat with Us under Sainsbury's carpark now & then but I think Uug gave up when He broke His leg bad playing Rugby I think, They were both real good in Their time  :daumenhoch: 
You mentioned the track, can You remember the Quarter pipes & kickturn ramps behind the YMCA? I spilled a lot of blood there over the years between the ramps & the track!   
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

curtispro

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Yep I remember the ramps at the back of the YMCA and using sainsburys car park for a bit of flat land  :LolLolLolLol: Kev was my next door neighbour and I've been trying to get in contact with him lately,  have you moved away from the area now? Calvin works for me and I bumped in to Pat last year and Jay's still about, his lad is Rad too apparently  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 02:28 PM »
I ended up with Kev's Rickman Freestyler frame when He retired as I'd broke My Haro  :daumenhoch: I don't know the whereabouts of any of the KL crew apart from Jay & Pat as I moved about a lot in the 90's & moved from the area around 2001, Yeah Josh, Jay's Boy is really good  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

sam hudson

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 05:21 PM »
BITD in Birkenhead, I remember Kavo who had a PK Ripper (instant fame) and was clearly the best rider for miles around. I think his name was Carl Kavanah (hence Kavo...if your name was bob they'd find a way to shorten it...probably to B!). he went to Birkenhead Institute High School and I seem to remember him being a nice guy. This would be around 1983/4?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not famous riders, but who do you remember as being good BITD

gfxgfx
gfx gfx