gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 04:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Blackpool BMX Club Inaugural Gate Session
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Blackpool BMX Club Inaugural Gate Session  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Blackpool BMX Club Inaugural Gate Session
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Hi All,

The newly reformed Blackpool BMX Club will be holding their inaugural gate session on Sunday 23rd October 10am-1pm at the newly built track on Stanley Park, Blackpool .

We have the Blackpool Councillor responsible for Sport in the town coming along to see what it's all about and also to hand over a donation to the club, the press will also be there to capture the moment. So if any northwest riders are stuck for something to do on that day it would be great if you could come down and support us, or if you are from further afield maybe you could come down and catch the world famous illuminations and tower while you are here. 

Postcode for the track is FY3 9RB (Charge for gates will be £1 members /£2 non-members - bargain for our mint Bensink Gate  ).

Many Thanks
Andy.

p.s. If you have any questions about the club or need any more info drop me a PM.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Blackpool BMX Club Inaugural Gate Session
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 07:04 AM »
I'm gonna try and make it to this Andy. It'd be worth if it we could have a spin round the Lytham track after Blackpool track, then hit the Lights when it gets dark.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11 AM »
I'm gonna try and make it to this Andy. It'd be worth if it we could have a spin round the Lytham track after Blackpool track, then hit the Lights when it gets dark.

Cheers Jon, that would be great.  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50 AM »
 :) Will try to make this.Visited the track  a month ago and it`s awesome and bloody big :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 12:32 PM »
:) Will try to make this.Visited the track  a month ago and it`s awesome and bloody big :daumenhoch:

Cheers James.   5.5m start hill. No problem  ;)         

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 06:27 PM »
 :) Was great day,met up with Jon & JuniorTheBassist,went to Lytham for a sesh afterwards...good times :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:15 PM »
:) Was great day,met up with Jon & JuniorTheBassist,went to Lytham for a sesh afterwards...good times :daumenhoch:

Thanks chaps for coming down and supporting us  :daumenhoch:  :4_17_5:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Well, what a RAD day that was! I dropped off a bike with Darren KAP in the morning (not his!), and got a glimpse of his fantastic bike collection and Aladdin's cave of parts. Top fella, and really glad I got a chance to meet him :daumenhoch:
Then we did an hour and a bit at the new track at Blackpool - highly recommended and suitable for all ages and abilities, the sign of a good track I reckon. There were some fairly tech sections but all could be ridden at fairly decent speed (maybe the Elites would struggle to roll all of it...). It was my first go on a Bensink safety gate and I thought it was really good, quiet and safe.  We're looking forward to racing there.
Then we had a picnic by Lytham track and did a couple of hours there (Voivod and family were there too). Lytham track is bit Old Skool and has quite a lot of small/medium jumps suitable for people getting their wings. Unfortunately it was blowing a gale so jumping options were severely limited. I had fun on the third straight jumping the table and double after - I was coming up a bit short on the double as the berm before had been resurfaced and was very soft so couldn't generate enough speed to clean it. My lad managed to manual all the last straight jumps which was quite an achievement into a severe head wind.
My brother and family had joined us by this point, and we spent the evening strolling around Blackpool, checking out the lights. We had ace, and good value fish'n'chips at Fieldings' Fish Bar [check it out if want somewhere to eat that won't completely skint you]. It's just behind the blue arcade that's between McD's and a pub called Dutton's I think. Top family day out for anyone wanting to take in a couple of tracks [both have skate parks next to them as well].

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Sorry I couldn't make it. Glad it went good for y'all  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Sorry I couldn't make it. Glad it went good for y'all  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Si, I'm sure we'll see you soon. Going to carry on every Sunday from now  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Road trip it is then :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

motomagII

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:37 AM »
sounds good to me roadtrip soon.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Gates again this Sunday 10am till 1pm  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 09:17 PM »
   Been to Blackpool for the weekend (last outing for the house on wheels before parking up for winter  ::))  met Haro82   :daumenhoch:  thanks for the chat ,  my little lad has joined the club , he's already got a bike a MRD mini  :smitten:  i'm gonna have a go just need a race bike not sure what to buy ,,,,,, any ideas guys  PS i'd look stupid on a freestyle bike  :2funny: :2funny:

looking forward to getting back there well worth a visit  :4_17_5:  

Cheers Kappy  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:22 PM by Darren K.A.P »
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 12:58 AM »
Good to meet you today Darren, and thanks for supporting us by joining the club  :4_17_5:  Can't wait to see your little un on his MRD , we need a bit of old school on the track  :)

With regards to getting a race bike, I suppose the first decision is 20" or 24"?  Any of the Redline,Intense and Haro completes are always good to start with. 

See ya soon
Andy

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Gates on again this Sunday and every Sunday  :)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Went to the Blackpool track session today , great bunch ,  really helpful and friendly  my little lad loved it and was even doing the gate starts  :4_17_5:  so enjoyable to be able to do something we both love together  :smitten:   and to top it off i didn't fall off  :LolLolLolLol:

A big thankyou to Andy to making us feel so welcome  :daumenhoch:

Happy Kappy  :)
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 11:43 AM »

Thanks Darren, glad to hear you had a good time.  Kyle looks a natural, not phased at all by the gate and the big hill, great to see  :4_17_5:     He might start riding new school one day  ;)

We've got a meeting to discuss the club tomorrow night so if you have any comments on how we are doing things down there, things we do well / don't do well etc etc. let me know. :daumenhoch: We value the feedback.

And like you said, you didn't fall off  :)

See you again soon, maybe Friday if I can swing it.
Andy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Blackpool BMX Club Inaugural Gate Session

gfxgfx
gfx gfx