gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  97/98 GT performer....any good?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 97/98 GT performer....any good?  (Read 2382 times)

Beelzebug

97/98 GT performer....any good?
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Anyone got one of these?

Are they any good as a rider (for park, indoor and out)?...one has come up for sale local to me, almost finished my os build (aero reflex), just waiting for the tyres to arrive, then its done. I  am now looking for a decent mid school bike to use and reckon the performer might be worth a punt, it looks complete and has a set of alloy hub tuffs on it. ;)
How much should I be looking to pay for one?

Any info/feedback much appreciated...cheers  :daumenhoch:

Steve

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Re: 97/98 GT performer....any good?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49 PM »
I've brought a few rough ones from the bay for no more than £40 (seem to be getting dearer now). These were the first things i brought when i got back into this ridiculousness! When i've split them the f&f have made no less than £50 given a polish even £40 for a rough painted one! Doesn't really make sense...
This is the first one i brought, first bike i built.....and is still sitting in the garage 8 months later covered in dust, never ridden

Speak to Steven costa/hoffmeister for any info on these, hes the GT Man :daumenhoch:

Beelzebug

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Thanks for the reply...nice looking bike you got there. I'm in no doubt that being GT's that they must be half decent quality, I like the style of them...and the prices still seem to be pretty reasonable at the moment  ;)

But what I really want to know is how they ride and if anybody has any experience of actually riding one in anger...are they any good for park riding etc.

The one I've spotted seems to be in reasonable condition...and the old style tuffs on it are a nice bonus...would £100 be too much? :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21 AM »
they weigh a fair bit if i remember rightly. 

gobshite

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13 PM »
sounded a death knell for GT bmx,

really showed how out of touch they were with bmx and how much they were sucking the "mountingbiking" financial dick,

GT like haro forgot their roots and really dropped the bmx ball,

s&m/standard etc were way out in front making stronger ,cleaner looking frames and had really left GT behind,,

do GT even make bmx bikes anymore?

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 02:21 PM »
The pinnacle of GT freestyle right there.
GT just went from strength to strength in my opinion.... :coolsmiley:

trickie

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11 PM »
I've got one, it's a 98 and 100% original, I've had it on a mini ramp and around the local pump track and it rides great. In fact i'm looking for another one to powdercoat and make abit special - IMO it feels no heavier than my other bikes [Dyno compe and Detour] I guess i'm use to the weight. :crazy2: :coolsmiley:

hmoon27, your bikes stunning.. loving the colour scheme :4_17_5:

They were the end of an era for GT - a future classic :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:58 PM by trickie »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  97/98 GT performer....any good?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx