gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kuwi lazerlite
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kuwi lazerlite  (Read 2743 times)

balladof32

Re: Kuwi lazerlite
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 08:21 AM »
Jamie's is a good site but I think some of the info is totally wrong , anyone have a round tubed kz84 and know they weight of the frame?

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 09:42 AM »
You either have a laserlite or a nova/ supernova.
As kuwahero said earlier about one tube being round and the other been ever so slightly oval. The tube are though, the same thickness.
On the nova/supernova one tube is noticeably thinner than the other.

So if your tubes are both chunky you have a kz4.

I have a kz4 and I sold a 2nd edition nova about 18 month ago. I had them both at the same time to compare.
Oh and the novas are trimolly not full chromolly.

balladof32

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 10:17 AM »
ahhh, so from that point of view is it quite fair to say if any part of youre kuwahara frame is magnetic then its not a laserlite in any shape or form ? ...at the very least id assume its a way of weeding out the novas from the equation?

balladof32

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 05:36 PM »
haha so whos got a magnetic laserlite then ?  :-X

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59 PM »

Laserlites are full chromolly . Chromolly  is a steel based metal alloy and is magnetic due to the steel content in the equation.

The nova is Trimolly which means the main triangle of seat tube, down tube and top tube are chromolly but the rear end is mild steel. So all this frame would be magnetic too.

If the top tube is thinner than the down tube you have a nova.(both tubes are perfectly round)

If both down tube and top tube look the same thickness with one being slightly oval its a laserlite.

balladof32

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14 PM »
cool, i think that makes sense :daumenhoch:

DJL

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 08:04 PM »
And a supernova......?  All tubes (and forks) round?

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 08:16 PM »
jeez this thread has made me dizzy,im more confused than ever now :D
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

balladof32

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30 PM »
And a supernova......?  All tubes (and forks) round?

:daumenhoch:

balladof32

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 10:35 PM »
as i said earlier regardless of the year the frames must come up with similar weights, ie a kz83 an kz84 must be of v similar weight  ? surely all the models dont weigh the same due to their construction...there appears to be no genuine way whatsoever to ID them by their tubing alone. Ive read loads of info on loads of sites and there is no general rule of thumb else there wouldnt be some many ppl on forums asking ' what kuwie do i have ? ' .  jamies site is a great site but theres contradictory info there and theres nada info there to ID youre model if doubt arises. surely TT lengths have go to be a give away as again the TT lengths across the models cant be the same .

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 12:40 AM »
1984 2nd edition none loop nova.  
                                                   FRAME WEIGHT: 4 pounds 6 ounces
                                                     FORK WEIGHT: 1 pound 12 ounces
                                                  TOP TUBE O.D. : 1 1/2 inches
                                                   FORK LEG O.D.: 1 inch

KZ3 (laserlite). FRAME WEIGHT : 4 pounds  7 ounces
                                                     FORK WEIGHT : 1 pound 11 ounces
                                                    TOP TUBE O.D. : 1 7/32 inches oval
                                                 DOWN TUBE O.D. : 1 7/32 inches oval

KZ4 (84)( laserlite). FRAME WEIGHT : 4 pounds 3 ounces
                                                      FORK WEIGHT : 1 pound 10 ounces
                                                     TOP TUBE O.D. : 1 3/8 inch oval
                                                  DOWN TUBE O.D. : 1 3/8 inch oval

Can you put me out of my misery and put some detail pics up of what you have and just check the tubing out before my head explodes.   :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kuwi lazerlite

gfxgfx
gfx gfx