gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  best pedals for Racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: best pedals for Racing  (Read 2732 times)

jon016847

best pedals for Racing
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Advice needed, I am running some JP Beartraps right now with ti spindles, they are light and feel realy grippy on my vans, but I keep slipping my pedals for some reaon when I am racing  (on the flat, so its not a technical thing)  I need to try something new,

Looking for a good quality, light weight grippy platform pedal,   what do you guys recomend?

I was recomended truvative  Holzfeller  but they are not exactly light weight at  590 g

The  DMR V12 Mag with ti axles are nice and light,   any good ? ?

Price not important, I would rather pay more and get a better pedal, so what adbvice can you give me !!

Thanks

Jon W
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:20 PM by jon016847 »

Geth

Re: best pedals for Racing
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:17 PM »
There are some pedals that are a taiwanese make that are used by Free agent and, I think, Revell Bikes that are mint to use. I used them for every race I did last year and never slipped once.

These are the ones if you can get some -

glov

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 01:10 PM »
clip in john you got the skill :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

mightymini

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27 PM »
revells are good hear all good things about them. i use the dmrs never had a problem.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Got the DMR V12 Mag & Crank Bros 50-50XX , both good .

The Revell like Geth said & Victim like Flem uses are both good , also Easton Cully & Penthouse Flats .

MW

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Jon,
These were the ones on my bike on Sunday

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=2897

But these are supposed to be good too

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=8905
 :) DINGO :)

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 10:39 PM »
I find V12's a bit small, when your on a rough track and your feet jump around. The mag ones with ti axles weigh nothing at all. Me and missus have them on our mtb's, and she has them on her 20" and swears by them, but she has little feet.

They do grip well, but I cant remember how big your feet are jon. ???

I like the new Profile Gas's, and with the ti axle they are light enough, but they are no where near as light as the V12's.

jon016847

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Thanks all !!

Time to got surfing the net to see whats in stock !!

jon016847

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Decided to go for the DMR V12 Mag ti spindle as I can get them quickly, will try them at MK,  and see what i think !!

se

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 11:56 PM »
There are some very nice pedals called Hutch Beatraps that seem to do the trick - fcck all that platform lark.  :D (why do the emoticons go all spaz on my computer and fail to come out? Firefart browser?)

jon016847

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 08:22 AM »
SE, i have 5 sets of Hutch beartraps, 3 Nos, 2  reconditioned, but I could not btring my self to use them they are toooooo valuable,   besides I am running JP beartraps which are nearly identical, I think the cage sits a bit high on the pedal though which means that there is only the outercage in contact with the feet, ??  I cant work it out they feel really grippy, but I just keep slipping my pedals ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 02:52 PM by jon016847 »

mightymini

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 05:50 PM »
I cant work it out theyb feel really grippy, but I just keep slipping my pedals ?
nerves

se

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Was taking the p*ss about the Hutches but I still reckon they're the best pedals ever - eat my shins though. The newer pedals all look a bit boxy to me. I've got a set of the newer DXs but they don't seem to grip like the old ones even though they look like they should. Mind you, 2o-odd years ago I had beartraps and still slipped my pedals like a fool at any opportunity.

Maybe I should just ride those clips.

jon016847

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 08:30 AM »
I cant work it out theyb feel really grippy, but I just keep slipping my pedals ?
nerves

LOL - Nothing to be nervous about, its all just a bit of fun for us old gits

mightymini

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 04:05 PM »
nerves

LOL - Nothing to be nervous about, its all just a bit of fun for us old gits
thats not the way the glov has bin telling it  >:D

potts

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 06:49 PM »
halfords do a great set same as lot of new one like an x pattern top bearings like atom labs very grippy usee them on all my bikes 35 a set

team_teapot

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 05:53 PM »
theres loads of good pedals out there and with a set of vans waffle soled shoes you should be finding that they grip so damn good its a pain in the arse.

what concerns me is that you say your sliping you pedals on the flat. could it be time to work on your stroke? it dont matter how good the pedals are if your stroke aint right.

jon016847

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Hmmm, I am using waffle sole vans,

Anyway tested the DMR V12's at the weekend , they seamed OK,

Thinking of getting a set of Profile Gas ti spindles as for my next try, ahhh the agony of choice, maybe go up a gog on the gearing as well so I dont spin so much, I am running 36 / 13 which is about the same as 44 / 16 but it feels like I am spinning a bit !

Must be the awasome power I have  - LOL

team_teapot

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 04:28 PM »
looks like youll have to learn to use the force.

do we have any jedi's around here that can help?

rom_kid_04

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 10:01 PM »
welgo magnesium pedals are light as ... they are over grippy to me so they should be cool for you .. you can get ti axles for them too

scottyp

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 10:15 PM »
I have crupi pro rounds or newschool DX's, if you change the pins in the DX's you shouldnt slip.
scott :daumenhoch:

team_teapot

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 11:25 PM »
am i missing the point here? how do Ti axles help stop a rider from slipping their pedals?

piper

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 11:30 AM »

Serious,Hutch beartraps are the biz... if you slip them youll be dead with the loss of blood in minutes,

:daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 04:49 PM »
iv got dmr v8 s very gripy , couldnt afford the v12s  :'( got welgos on my dyno they realy look like dx s i used years ago

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  best pedals for Racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx