gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MISSION RAMP RAGE FRAME ?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MISSION RAMP RAGE FRAME ?????  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: MISSION RAMP RAGE FRAME ?????
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 10:32 AM »
also Mission didn't start producing bmx's till 1998? 

That's a little odd.
My buddy definately got his late summer 1996, from a shop in Stafford called Henry Burton.
It had the same bars as the "groundforce" - KHE Fat Bob copies.  They bent quite easily.
The sealed hubs on his were made by "Quando" (I still have those wheels)

Ride did a test on one of these bikes (I probably have the mag somewhere)

On one of their bikes they had the pegs with the "grind rings"!!!  They were alloy flatland pegs, but with a ring that was separate and revolved when "grinding". Hahaha

Heh - I remember them - stopped dead on those pegs if you tried to grind 'em - the rings were anodised a different colour from memory and didn't stop the fact that aluminium is crap for grinding :)

On the 1998 thang - was a question - I just thought that thay didn't start 'manufacture' (ie buying em in bulk from Taiwan) until '98 - might be (ie will be) completely wrong :) Will have a butcher through me Rides later - I reckon Dordy's is a 98 though from t'serial.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42 AM »
loogs great for £3 dave!  my local (ish) bike shop had one last year and wanted £50 for it.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55 AM »
loogs great for £3 dave!  my local (ish) bike shop had one last year and wanted £50 for it.

Deffo - can't go wrong for £3 - worth it for the decals alone if anyone ever needs em for reference  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

monkian

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Tange 5 Plain Gauge I think is a slightly lower end tube spec. Probably a bit thicker & heavier maybe than hi end stuff from this time.
It could just be the seat tube or main tubes are Tange 5 with the rest hi-ten or tubes from elsewhere ???
Looks well made though. Make a nice rider 8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MISSION RAMP RAGE FRAME ?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx