gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mark white racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mark white racing  (Read 3033 times)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Mark white racing
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:40 PM »
Who was this guy, what was his team and what did he ride? I've seen plenty of pics of him in old magazines and annuals but never any details.

Matt

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Mark white racing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Mark was a top bloke who rode for some of the big teams SKYWAY and DIAMOND BACK but felt the need to build something better much the same as TIM did but  no way as large a deal as MRD i think that Birmingham wheels made MARKS FRAME and FORKS and they would be very sought after as not many would have been made

Sorry thats all i can tell you other than he rode in a tough class and was one of the first UK SUPERCLASS / PRO riders and was always a main maker and one top bloke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one WOODY :)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Cheers Woody, I think I have a picture of Mark Racing ona brum wheels frame at Kelloggs. Ive seen another video of him racing at the screen sports events and he has a Mike miranda tash thing going down.  Has anybody seen one of these mark white frames ever?

Matt

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Cheers Woody, I think I have a picture of Mark Racing ona brum wheels frame at Kelloggs. Ive seen another video of him racing at the screen sports events and he has a Mike miranda tash thing going down.  Has anybody seen one of these mark white frames ever?

Matt

Ha Ha Mark had a MAGNUM tash at the age of 15  :LolLolLolLol:

baldbmxer

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Yep Mark was a rad guy  :daumenhoch:

Around 10 or 11 years ago he was racing again in and around the Midlands region, I remeber talking to him at Chesterfield. He was racing the cruiser class on a mountain bike.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:34 PM »
i remember him having a little bike shop bitd in brigg just up the road from the falcon factory.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:36 PM »

Got a pair of Mark White's old bars off Alan Woods ( Redline Proline V bars ) . You can just see the W of the kinda stepped/offset MW logo decal on the bars in the foreground  ;)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56 AM »
I wonder if Mark still has his old bikes, would be interesting if he has. So people put out the feelers if you can. :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I wonder if Mark still has his old bikes, would be interesting if he has. So people put out the feelers if you can. :daumenhoch:

More importantly I wonder if he still sports a tash? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:00 PM »
He was the UK's answer to mike miranda.

elevensies

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 09:41 PM »
i used to ride with mark a good few years ago, i not seen him in a while, but hes an animal, his interest in BMX a few years ago was ziltch, he liked his mountain bikes, and as been put he did a few cruiser races on his MTB.

hes a man of  MAN, and raced XR2's around carparks for fun, and for training lol

nice bloke, allround good egg, but i still not seen him in ages.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34 PM »
i remember him having a little bike shop bitd in brigg just up the road from the falcon factory.

Yes he did, watched him race a few times around the East Yorks/Lincs region bitd. He was a big cnut then!
 :LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mark white racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx