gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 06:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  F##k yeah!!!...now with pics...reflex content!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: F##k yeah!!!...now with pics...reflex content!  (Read 581 times)

Beelzebug

F##k yeah!!!...now with pics...reflex content!
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Well, it started like every other friday for me...worked nights last night, got home at 8am this morning fully intending to carry out my promise to the mrs. that I would do some work on the house (currently building an extension)...well, that was the plan anyway!...but you know what they say about best layed plans etc. :P

Y'see, yesterday I took delivery of the final parts needed for my reflex build...my first bmx for well over 20 years. The frame has stood in my living room for the past few months slowly growing into something resembling a bike, bits being added as the parts came in. This morning, full of good intentions I wandered into the extension to resume work on the staircase I've been building...then I spotted my spanners and thought fook it, I'll just go and put the headset on the bike It'll only take me 10 minutes...a couple of hours later and I'm realising that maybe I got a bit carried away because where there was once a pile of bits in boxes and jiffy bags there was now a completely finished bike ;D

I'd better go and do some work on the house now I thought...but first maybe I should just go for a little ride up the lane to make sure everything on the bike works properly. From the moment my feet touched the pedals the once familiar distant  memories came flooding back...I felt like I was 12 years old again...anyway you can probably guess the rest...been riding round on it all day...and the work on the extension?...fook it...I got a bmx again!!! ;D ;D

Everything on the bike works as it should and it rolls surprisingly smooth...cheers to everyone on here that has furnished me with parts and advice, you've all made me very happy :daumenhoch:

For the first time in ages I feel alive again...today has been a good day...the house can wait till tomorrow ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:04 PM by Beelzebug »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: F##k yeah!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:33 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse - now be carefull with the rear framestanders and get yourself along to a meet so you don't feel like the only idiot too old to know better!

Extension eh? Best put that on hold while the weather's still good >;-)
Still limping......

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:42 PM »
It is a great feaklng riding you latest build.  Get some pics up of your reflex :daumenhoch:  Enjoy the fealing of being a kid again :4_17_5:

B17SSY.T.A

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Good on ya ! ... im smiling now  :) :) .. thats exactly why I have decided after so long to give this crazy hobby another go , hope I can say the same as you , as that little story is just SPOT on !! ... today is the day im off to the parents house to pick all ( most ) of my bits to get my first build under way , reading this has really given me a kick up the bum to get crackin ! .. NICE ONE  :daumenhoch:

right im logging off and hitting the M25 ,  laters  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I'm actually sat next to a pile of boxes and jiffy bags waiting for the frame to be finished!
Not jealous
Nope
Not me
At all
Ever

ok some :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Beelzebug

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Will get some pics up tomorrow as soon as I take some photos of the bike...been too busy riding it today  :daumenhoch: ;D

Now the search is on for the next build...maybe something from the 90's ;)

Anyway, for now here's the spec list for the bike

f&f - aero reflex
bars - haro kneesavers
wheels - skyway tuffs
tyres - odyssey barefeet with kenda tubes
brakes - odyssey 2000 with potts mod and odyssey slic cables
stem - freeagent
seatpost - odyssey layback
seat -  haro
seat clamp - odyssey 2000
headset - odyssey dynatron
crank - odyssey excalibur
spider - tioga maxflo
chainwheel -sugino
pedals - wellgo
grips - a'me tri's

colourscheme is classic chrome n' black, pretty happy with the way it's turned out  ;D

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:56 PM »
i take it the tyres arrived then  :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Sometimes think my mates are going to knock on the door and ask if I'm coming out on the bike :'( then the wife shouts out about something and I wake up :LolLolLolLol:
Nice little day dream though :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:52 PM by POOCH »
Griff loves BUM..

Beelzebug

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52 AM »
i take it the tyres arrived then  :daumenhoch:

Aye, they came on thursday, very happy with them and they compliment the rest of the bike perfectly (loads of other oddy parts on it). Many thanks again mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Top stuff! Get some pictures up then  :daumenhoch:

Beelzebug

Re: F##k yeah!!! - pics sdded...reflex content
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Not the greatest pics in the world...but you get the idea.

Spec sheet in one of the above posts....

;D...built to ride  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:36 PM by Beelzebug »

Beelzebug

Re: F##k yeah!!!...now with pics...reflex content!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Before anyone mentions it...I am well awre that there is a chainring bolt missing....went awol on the bike's maiden outing  :(...the bolts were a compromise anyway, bought from a local bike shop and modified (butchered) to fit  ;D

So am now wanting a set (pref black) of bolts...and some cheapo nos pegs (4)  :daumenhoch:

cheers folks.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  F##k yeah!!!...now with pics...reflex content!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx