gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Go on admit it....lol....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Go on admit it....lol....  (Read 4299 times)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Go on admit it....lol....
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48 PM »
i was good bitd, raced and loved the freestyle, loads of peeps say dan would still be good today,  so

my idea was to not ride again, still gets the pats on the back saying how good i was and pats on the back

saying if you rode today you'd still have it :)  makes sence in my mind, live off the past and live off what your

mates say that you'd still be good  :LolLolLolLol:  best of both worlds with out getting hurt and still looking the

b@llocks ;D    best advice from SBD

:LolLolLolLol: like it Dan   :daumenhoch:, yeh that way you're still legend to yourself and others  :) , nice one dan , good answer that

curtispro

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 09:54 PM »
The more I read this thread the more I want to come along and have a go  :LolLolLolLol: at least after the lockin session the aches and pains that I get all the time will actually mean something  :)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59 PM »
i was good bitd, raced and loved the freestyle, loads of peeps say dan would still be good today,  so

my idea was to not ride again, still gets the pats on the back saying how good i was and pats on the back

saying if you rode today you'd still have it :)  makes sence in my mind, live off the past and live off what your

mates say that you'd still be good  :LolLolLolLol:  best of both worlds with out getting hurt and still looking the

Some of us were at ROM for your come back gig, Dan.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 10:02 PM »

Some of us were at ROM for your come back gig, Dan.

lol it kinda never happened, peaked after one day ;D
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08 PM »
The more I read this thread the more I want to come along and have a go  :LolLolLolLol: at least after the lockin session the aches and pains that I get all the time will actually mean something  :)

Do it mate, I was pretty nervous about it having never set foot inside a ramp park before but its all a laugh and nobody takes the piss if you're not pulling off aerials  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:09 PM »
OK lads, this thread has caught my eye and I think we need to be relative here.

We've all got jobs and kids and bills to pay, so we're never gonna be 10' out a quarter now unless you could do it BITD, and let's face it, we weren't that good :LolLolLolLol:

So, in order of the comments made so far:

Shyte bitd and Shyte now but enjoy it all the same  :daumenhoch:

Yep, you're shite Rob :2funny:

I'm crap but having loads of fun all the same

so far my raddest moves since the 80s have been a couple of framestands, some rather weak endoes since I got pads that work on tuffs and some equally feeble bunny hops. am slowly getting braver on the ramps but still find some of them to be pretty scary - thankfully no-one on our little lock-ins gives a toss if you're crap and even if you are there's still usually plenty to do. the boardroom's especially good for starters as it's not so 'extreme'

The difference is Griff, you listen to advice and you are actually insane. We've held a poll, and we all agree, 'nuff said :yahoo_silent: :yahoo_silent: :laugh:

I really need to get myself some kind of freestyler and hit the boardroom, its only 30mins away ffs

Ash, I'll lend you one. That is the shitest excuse ever, especially as you're so close :LolLolLolLol:

Do any of you guys try to carry out these tricks on "old school" bike, as my fear is breaking them  :LolLolLolLol: and I find them new school bikes a bit .................weird  ???

At least half of us, although there is a migration towards midschool and newschool amongst the ranks but I'd say there are more oldschool bikes than newschool by a longshot :daumenhoch: I only use oldschool on ramps but with a couple of mods to get my chainwheel down to a 36T for a bit of coping clearance on the ramps :daumenhoch:

In summary, get yourself along to a Boardroom or Terminal One session and we will look after you. Honestly, ask the lads like Griff, Sid1972, Clean and theWinsta as our 4 most recent recruits - 2 of them have already dropped into the bowl and all of them have given the Boardroom jumpbox some beans and got themselves off the ground in just one visit, so you'd be suprised what you can achieve with a bit of a chat :daumenhoch:

Hmoon27, you're next mate so get over to the Boardroom and we'll take you under the wings mate :shocked: :2funny:

Spen (not that good, but not too bad either - I'm having a go at least!)
Still limping......

curtispro

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 10:14 PM »
Well if you put it like that spen............... I'm in, right I'm off shopping for some protective clothing, padding and a nice shiny helmet, I can be the new apprentice  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Well if you put it like that spen............... I'm in, right I'm off shopping for some protective clothing, padding and a nice shiny helmet, I can be the new apprentice  :daumenhoch:

You're on bud - come to the Boardroom first though as it's more likely to encourage you as the ramps are less scary :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

duff

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41 PM »
i can do a 150 degree bunny-hop (can't seem to get my floval all the way round), and manual the length of a manhole cover.
i rule the streets round here.

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 10:51 PM »

The Boardroom is the nuts , i came off great style  :4_17_5:   the  lads wanted to play Doctors n Nurses with me   :shocked: ,,,,,, fook did it hurt  :LolLolLolLol:

but got some more protection now so gonna give it the beans again  ::)

Blackpool is great too plenty of room to go fall off without being seen  :LolLolLolLol:

Crasher Kappy  :LolLolLolLol:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

theRuler

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I can still do all the flatland tricks I used to do in my 6 years of riding in the 80's.

And I learned some new ones in my 15 years of riding since 96.

I used to be braver on ramps though, a few years ago.
At some of the Bones sessions I could get air on quarterpipes, grind stuff, and jump over spine ramps.

I miss the Bones sessions, they were the best.

donnydresser

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01 PM »
im totally mint at tricks and skids all me little lads mates come round and point at me  when im in the radzone  :2funny:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Pants through and through.
Simples.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48 PM »
i wasn't too bad bitd, used to be able to get some big air out of the pipe at Romford (you may have seen the pics i put up recently) was ok at racing as well.
now days i just race and when i tried to jump the table top at Hersden i cleared it ok, it went a bit wrong when i tried to get it flat over it though when i realised i didn't have enough air and nearly piled in  :LolLolLolLol:
also went and took some pics of the pipe at Rom with thoughts of recreating the pics and thought to myself "bu**er that.
wouldn't mind having a go some where thats got a foam pit but theres nowhere like that near enough  :(
some one hit the nail on the head when they said "we used to ride and practice everyday" only riding now and then makes it a lot harder

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 04:47 PM »
been riding 30 years this xmas, i'm sure i lose a trick everytime i ride instead of learning one. here's me takin some slams from the 90s-2000.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oge_Uno6XBM
this one is a couple of years old with me pulling some tricks

still ride 2 or 3 times a week weather permitting and just bought a new school flatland bike to try and learn some ground tricks.

curtispro

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22 PM »
been riding 30 years this xmas, i'm sure i lose a trick everytime i ride instead of learning one. here's me takin some slams from the 90s-2000.

still ride 2 or 3 times a week weather permitting and just bought a new school flatland bike to try and learn some ground tricks.

My stomach is hurting watching that first vid, you are one rad dude, I would have given up  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 07:40 PM »

John, you're Gnarly!  Great vids dude  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Go on admit it....lol....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx