gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Go on admit it....lol....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Go on admit it....lol....  (Read 4301 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Go on admit it....lol....
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:48 PM »
as above...who on here cant do any tricks...got to be honest...ill start...
1..me.. :LolLolLolLol:...just been somewhere quiet on my haro 04 to try and do the simplest of tricks...managed a few poor endos..and not much else, although to be honest,i was shite BITD...so maybe now being about 15st and 40yrs old certainly doesn't help, i do enjoy trying but its getting frustrating ffs.. :daumenhoch:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Go on admit it....lol....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:19 PM »
been collecting bmx for over 12 years now and never ever tried .lol was plop then and even plopper now.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Hopefully gonna win that set of bollox on the Bay and get on some ramps again.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:23 PM »
im bazzing on a bike, in my head i'm like Jamie Bestwick and on a bike im.........Stan Laurel :D 

B17SSY.T.A

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 07:27 PM »
At least we're trying !  :)
Can't wait to finish the TA so I can have a blast and stop pretending my mountain bikes a BMX lol .. Although must admit when I borrowed my mates 20" boy was I wobbly !  :crazy2:
Just practise practise practise I guess ....

Keep the faith and have fun  8)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:31 PM »
bitd i was really good on the flat land,framestands,cherry pickers etc but this time around im yet to have a bike with a front brake so cant attempt fook all!!i did an endo at mk(first one in 26 years) on sweetbeats performer but totally fooked it up as the 'my weight to bike weight' ratio was slightly differant to when i last did one in 86!!i was dying to go into a front hop too :-\
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Shyte bitd and Shyte now but enjoy it all the same  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Can't do some of the stuff I used to anymore due to My back, but still try to get it on when I can, the other times I'm just stoked to be able to have a roll around  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I raced bitd but never did any cool tricks, Still race a little now so have some of those skills. I did perform a 180degree bunny hop for my niece the other day thinking she'll love it but she just said "old men trying to look cool is sooooo un cool".  :wtf: does she know she's 10 ffs.. :knuppel2:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

curtispro

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59 PM »
I like to think that I am a legend on a BMX but in reality I am sh!te, I try and do the old tricks but my balls just don't seem a big as they used to  :LolLolLolLol: wheelies, frame stands, small bunny hops is about the limit, but one day I am gonna turn up at one of the rad lockin's and I am gonna go for it  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:15 PM »
I'm actually better now than i was bitd, difference between then and now is I dont think Im awesome, I actually listen to people that offer advice about riding which helps

griff

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 08:35 PM »
I'm crap but having loads of fun all the same

so far my raddest moves since the 80s have been a couple of framestands, some rather weak endoes since I got pads that work on tuffs and some equally feeble bunny hops. am slowly getting braver on the ramps but still find some of them to be pretty scary - thankfully no-one on our little lock-ins gives a toss if you're crap and even if you are there's still usually plenty to do. the boardroom's especially good for starters as it's not so 'extreme'

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I am better than I was int 80's but it has come at a price :-\ 

Wouldnt change a thing though 8)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I'm crap but having loads of fun all the same

so far my raddest moves since the 80s have been a couple of framestands, some rather weak endoes since I got pads that work on tuffs and some equally feeble bunny hops. am slowly getting braver on the ramps but still find some of them to be pretty scary - thankfully no-one on our little lock-ins gives a toss if you're crap and even if you are there's still usually plenty to do. the boardroom's especially good for starters as it's not so 'extreme'

I've seen the video clip of you looking all "extreme" in the foam pit mate  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57 PM »
i only rode for about year oir so in the 80s and then started again 6 years ago was okay then and pretty crap now.can try loads tricks but pull very few for sure.
but love riding anyways which is whats its all about

griff

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:01 PM »

I've seen the video clip of you looking all "extreme" in the foam pit mate  :daumenhoch:

ash I was bricking it at the top of that 9ft roll-in, but once I'd got it done once wasn't so bad & the foam landing is hilarious
while boardroom is not so extreme some of the T1 ramps are pretty big - that jump box there gave me the fear  :shocked: if it wasn't for spen & ged I'm not sure if I would have got over it last weekend

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05 PM »

ash I was bricking it at the top of that 9ft roll-in, but once I'd got it done once wasn't so bad & the foam landing is hilarious
while boardroom is not so extreme some of the T1 ramps are pretty big - that jump box there gave me the fear  :shocked: if it wasn't for spen & ged I'm not sure if I would have got over it last weekend

mate you could tell you were really giving yourself a talking to up there, did well in the end pal. Now I really need to get myself some kind of freestyler and hit the boardroom, its only 30mins away ffs  :LolLolLolLol:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11 PM »
i was fearless as a kid would try anything and didnt care if the ramp was made of an old door and milk crates

now im scared to let go of the handlebars  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 09:12 PM »
yep i'm crap ... been top a few ramp nights but still crap  :LolLolLolLol:, its still a good laff mind you , but hoping to get better  :)

griff

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 09:13 PM »
ash you don't need a freestyle bike for the boardroom - just don't use dirt tyres and you'll be fine

curtispro

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Do any of you guys try to carry out these tricks on "old school" bike, as my fear is breaking them  :LolLolLolLol: and I find them new school bikes a bit .................weird  ???

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28 PM »

Griff, hats off mate.  I looked at that roll in ramp for the foam pit and thought 'fook that'.  The jump box was a little bigger than that one at the BR too eh?

Used to be ok at flatland bitd and general 'jumping stuff'.  Once did a quarter mile framestand but not got round to trying that one again yet  :LolLolLolLol:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

curtispro

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Also when you think back we were on our bikes every day trying to perfect new tricks, now at the ripe young age of 40, ride time is few and far between as all the adult things get in the way  :( if only we had the time and energy to ride and practice every day and had the facilities to perfect the radnes, things would be different.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44 PM »
i was good bitd, raced and loved the freestyle, loads of peeps say dan would still be good today,  so

my idea was to not ride again, still gets the pats on the back saying how good i was and pats on the back

saying if you rode today you'd still have it :)  makes sence in my mind, live off the past and live off what your

mates say that you'd still be good  :LolLolLolLol:  best of both worlds with out getting hurt and still looking the

b@llocks ;D    best advice from SBD
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Do any of you guys try to carry out these tricks on "old school" bike, as my fear is breaking them  :LolLolLolLol: and I find them new school bikes a bit .................weird  ???
All about the old school!
Just got back into it after 26 years, went t1 last week, shat myself but wicked!
Griff had balls man!
Doesn't matter what you ride just have a go :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Go on admit it....lol....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx