gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do I need a lid?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do I need a lid?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Do I need a lid?
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I'm thinking of coming to some of the ramp park events. I would like to know if lids are mandatory or not as I would need to invest in one. I'm not really into the skate type ones. As to be honest they don't really offer you any protection. I would probably wear a bell moto type full face. Now if I turn up wearing this am I going to get ridiculed? Especially when I ride like an old man?   :LolLolLolLol:

The thing is I don't want to look a cockadoodledoo. But I would like to protect my bonce.

What do you think?  Cheers stu

theRuler

Re: Do I need a lid?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Helmets are compulsory at T1.

Lots of riders ride with helmets, pads, gloves etc.

Protecting your noggin is nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Piss pot helmets make you look a nob ( IMO  :angel: ) and don't offer much protection...ask Alex after his MK11 crash.

Full face or nothing for me... after I crashed and broke my collarbone if I hadn't had a full face on I would have looked EVEN uglier after.

None of us are kids... we heal real slow... wear everything you can... No shame in your game.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Piss pot helmets make you look a nob ( IMO  :angel: ) and don't offer much protection...ask Alex after his MK11 crash.

Haha, although i dont ever wanna knock anyone who wears a full face, I landed on the back of my head. Id have been knocked out in a full face (although i might have staggered away with some skin left on my face).  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I've got a pink helmet  :)

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 05:29 PM »
you will only need a helmet if you fall off :LolLolLolLol:

I like Ed. am a full faced user but any helmet is better than none :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I do think my looks will be radically improved if I get a full face!!   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I'm thinking of coming to some of the ramp park events. I would like to know if lids are mandatory or not as I would need to invest in one. I'm not really into the skate type ones. As to be honest they don't really offer you any protection. I would probably wear a bell moto type full face. Now if I turn up wearing this am I going to get ridiculed? Especially when I ride like an old man?   :LolLolLolLol:

The thing is I don't want to look a cock-a-doodle-doadoodledoo. But I would like to protect my bonce.

What do you think?  Cheers stu

Where are you thinking of going?

If it's Blackpool you don't need a lid, assuming you're over 16

Some other parks lids are mandatory as previously mentioned

Just get a piss pot just in case
2 minutes turkish...

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 07:48 AM »
Deffo get a lid if your riding parks its not a fashion item who cares what you look like and while yer at it get knee and elbow pads  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Here you go, stand out from the crowd

http://www.headbuddy.com.au/
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

xGoose

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Yep get one, so many times Ive seen blokes say they are just going to 'take it easy' and then go and buy one the next day after they've landed on their face!  :-\

The irony is that if you get one before you go to the an event you probably wont crash.. ever!

griff

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Here you go, stand out from the crowd

http://www.headbuddy.com.au/

at first I thought 'that's nice, gives the olduns the opportunity to look casual while getting rad'
but then it's got pics of people wearing them to have a little snooze or potter in the garden.  :'(

still would be good to get lennie one of those as he hates wearing a lid and even kept his baseball cap on underneath the one the T1 people made him borrow
summer scarf is the one to go for purely on style points

don

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Full face or nothing for me... after I crashed and broke my collarbone if I hadn't had a full face on I would have looked EVEN uglier after.

What Full face do you wear ED?

Would like one I could use for pissing around on the MTB as well if that sort exists. I was looking at a Bell Drop but I don't think they are meant for concrete.

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 08:43 PM »
Bell moto 4 , keep it old skool

Shin,knee and elbow pads are a must if youve a job to keep down and bills to pay.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 08:51 PM »
You'll sweat like a fooka in them full-face jobbies and I'm not that Rad so I just wear a noggin' top Stu :LolLolLolLol:

Still limping......

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57 PM »
its a reasonably cheap helmet from Chain Reaction Don... think it was about £40... I forgot it when I went to T1 the other night and had to borrow a pizzy pot... didn't give me any confidence to ride at all  ???

Never have much of a problem with sweaty helmets... maybe thats just you Sven  :2funny: trousers are too tight perhaps???

What Full face do you wear ED?

Would like one I could use for pissing around on the MTB as well if that sort exists. I was looking at a Bell Drop but I don't think they are meant for concrete.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:05 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

don

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Cheers Guys, I see people mentioning MX ones do I really need one of those? I want one as I am about to start going to concrete bowls whilst I just be pussying around to start with I want to start getting out of the coping so I want something that will protect the old swede. Looking at the bell website it seems the one I mentioned is more a 4x/mtb/race one is that going to be ok? The chain reaction ones are similar.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 09:33 PM »
They don't offer the same level of protection at all, but you will at least keep your teeth should you go over the bars.

In my opinion, if you're going to get a full face lid then get a bloody good one. I use a Bell Moto 7.

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 12:50 AM »
I'm now sorted with a bell Moto 7. :)   All I need is some pads. I can't find any dealers that sell pro designed knee pads anywhere in the Uk.  :(

No pisspot lid for me!  I just can't bring my self to wear one. At least if I wear my full face then no one will know who the fcuk I am when I'm shite!!   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Stu - you're not a mate of Darren Gasgoine are you?

He's got a mate looking for PD pads at the mo....

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Yes Darren is my old riding buddy!  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Cool.  If he hasn't mentioned it already, I can help you out with PD elbow pads. We were talking about it t'other night.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do I need a lid?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx