gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Exposure Dave Tires
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Exposure Dave Tires  (Read 1439 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Exposure Dave Tires
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:41 PM »
few of you useing these i assume , anyone had a problem with em going out of shape, i know there only cheap tires but though they should be ok considdering my lack of riding skills, not sure what pressure i'm running but there not too  blown up,   had a few of new schoolies say the beads rip out , was wondering if this is whats starting to happen ,tires not blebbed out but defo got big wobble on it ?   :-\

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: Exposure Dave Tires
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43 PM »
the rider must be too fat or too rad  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:57 PM »
no kneed to stand on ceremony Ed , could have just said "its you, your a fat fooker"  :daumenhoch:   :LolLolLolLol: 

oldskooldayz

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:03 PM »
who sells them if you dont mind me asking

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Are the pressures high enough, at least 60 psi for new school tyres

Put a bit of air in and make sure they're sat on the rims nice and straight before pumping em up proper, i've found some tyres sit loose on the rims when flat... KHE's being the worst

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Are the pressures high enough, at least 60 psi for new school tyres

Put a bit of air in and make sure they're sat on the rims nice and straight before pumping em up proper, i've found some tyres sit loose on the rims when flat... KHE's being the worst

cheers for that,  :daumenhoch:  tried blowing it up some more and left it stood for a bit let down then blew up again ,they've been great up to today,  landed a bit sideways today and i think its stretched out a bit  :uglystupid2:   i think Eds option 1 is favourate  :LolLolLolLol: , fobbed em off and bunged some primo walls on,  job done   :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:10 AM »
I'm running two sets one on a new school and one on an oldschool, the new school takes a total hammering from me, my son and my friend, my lad gets nice air and lands sketchy, my friend only ever lands dead flat and they've held up so far and ive had them a while. I run 70psi on the new school but ony 40psi on the old school as im running tuffs on it

mattuknc

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I've had no issues with them either. They're not ridden hard but do 30+ miles a week!  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:47 AM »
wondering if its just been a duff one start with , its a though ths side walls twisted so tread has a S  shape in  it about 20mm left to right , no up/down movement  :uglystupid2: 

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Joe, Lifer BMX sell tham and I see Paul Harorider has a set for sale at the moment.

Jim, you need to lay off the pies mate, I hammer the fook out of mine all night at Leicester and Melton and they've been perfect. I do keep at least 60psi in them though mate - possibly a duffer?
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 10:24 AM »
i'd say it was a duffer like you say Spen, was going to go for a set of these till the Lamello's came up  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 09:52 PM »
i know i'm dragging up a dead thread but thought i might post it up as a bit of info for those who might be slightly interested , public info an all that ,     "ooooo look he's waving now   cooooooeeeeeee"    :LolLolLolLol:

on closer inspection it would appear that the nylon?  thread that is used to make the weave inside the wall of the tire has started to break and pull away fom the bead , this is in the same place as the deformation in the tread , so i can only assume this is the problem ,   just though you might like to know , would also seem to be the same problem that a few of the local new schoolies had so i'm wondering if its been a bad batch thats been shipped to my area , there's only one lbs left round here so i think the young uns might have got them from the same shop ,  

not sure if its worth doing for what they cost but, think i'll take it back and see what they say , i'll take me old mum and her biggest handbag always worked in halfords when i was a nipper  :daumenhoch:   :LolLolLolLol:  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:54 PM by oldtired »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Hmmmm not good, my mum always used to say 'you buy cheap, you buy twice'

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Not good that, been riding on mine today on concrete with a fair few err....non straight landings  :crazy2:, but can't really fault em loads of grip! :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Exposure Dave Tires

gfxgfx
gfx gfx