gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake pads for tuffs?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brake pads for tuffs?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Brake pads for tuffs?
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:27 PM »
I've just built up my haro for t1 tomorrow . I've put green tuffs on with tuff pads and they are shoite! I may as well have a stick on a bit of string to whack through the spokes, I'm sure I'd stop better!!
 I'm not planning to be ripping the place up , but it would be nice to feel I can stop and get out of someone's way if I have to?
Any ideas lads?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Brake pads for tuffs?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:38 PM »
the brick red dia-compes worked well for me on tuffs n ya gonna get brake rub whatever ya use

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:43 PM »
I've got a set of those , I'll give them a go :daumenhoch:

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Any new school or clear pads would be better
Cheers Glen . :daumenhoch:

Do the clear pads still Mark the rim?

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Got some (a pair) of clear pads you can have tomorrow night mate.

I'll stick em in my bag if you so wish and get you rolling.

LMK

Mark M
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Rever

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:49 PM »
ive got some 'exposure bachelor pads' to try out tomorrow will let you know how I get on

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Got some (a pair) of clear pads you can have tomorrow night mate.

I'll stick em in my bag if you so wish and get you rolling.

LMK

Mark M
Nice one Mark , much appreciated mate :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00 PM »
ive got some 'exposure bachelor pads' to try out tomorrow will let you know how I get on
squeaky squeaky!!!!! make sure your calipers are pefectly adjusted so when you brake the pads cant judder otherwise your in for some ear bleeding, toeing them in a small amount helps too

griff

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19 PM »
my clear radshop pads work a treat - thought they were going to catch fire at the bottom of a massive hill last weekend but then I was going fast enough to overtake cars  ;D

they are squealing now but not bothered, can't comment on marking as they're black tuffs

RichG41

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Hi

I had this problem on two sets of Tuffs after cleaning them up, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here before but I remember doing it BITD with my Araya's. I run a small amount of swarfega around the rims and leave it on for a few minutes (you can also do this on the pads if you want) then obviously!! carefully clean it all off and then, hopefully you'll notice an improvement. The last time I tried it, the front went from literally not stopping at all to be able to endo quite nicely. I was going to pop it up on here as I thought others might want to try it as well. It's also worth checking (as mentioned in an earlier post) that the brakes are adjusted correctly with no play.

Good luck, if you do try it can you let me know how you get on and if it's positive i'll post it up on here.  :daumenhoch:

Thanks

Rich

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 12:46 PM »
if era correct not required then gooey pads are good, prob come in green too  :daumenhoch:

super mat

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 07:43 PM »
ive got a survivor tuff burner with original tuff pads.they grab like mad.im gonna look into that swrfega trick,ive got bikes that dont stop at all  :shocked:

Rever

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 03:07 PM »
squeaky squeaky!!!!! make sure your calipers are pefectly adjusted so when you brake the pads cant judder otherwise your in for some ear bleeding, toeing them in a small amount helps too

All fitted up and tested out. No squeaking, potentially lucked out with setting brakes up. I can go downhills and stop now, endos are once again possible as was a very enjoyable skid to stop me going into the back of a van. In all seriousness theyre much better than what I had and I can stop a lot faster now

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Using clear pads on my black tuffs. Didn't make any noise to start with, but now they squeal like a pig in an abattoir. Stop better than tuff pads though.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake pads for tuffs?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx