gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 08:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  White wall tyre clean up????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: White wall tyre clean up????  (Read 926 times)

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
White wall tyre clean up????
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Anyone got any top tips for bringing kenda white walls back to life?  Just got a pair from the winsta and want to try and bring em up a bit brighter if I can??  Mr Winsta reckons the dishwasher which I will give a try when the wiff is oot!  :LolLolLolLol:

any methods greatly recevied!!

cheers  :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: White wall tyre clean up????
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I did some old raleigh shopper white walls a couple of years ago, they had been on my DP since 95, stuck in the shed, then removed and lived in the garden for best part of a year waiting to be binned, then I needed some, so I scrubbed them with jif and put them in tesco stripey bleach and water 50/50 in a bucket for a week. this is how they came out, I was stunned, they were minging before!!

Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Nice, I thought bleach would have affected the tyre...? but great results  :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Bleach shouldn't affect rubber, its fine on your marigolds!! wouldn't try it on skinwalls though.

Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Bleach shouldn't affect rubber, its fine on your marigolds!! wouldn't try it on skinwalls though.

Very true...

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Bleach can effect the white walls as it's a different compound to the rest tire - if left too long in bleach they will start to crumble - this will eat the compound and when dry will crack and rub off - the age and type of the tire will effect how well they come out and how much they crumble

try em in the dish washer ? can't hurt  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

sid1972

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Yep - dishwasher...

I have done some in the bath before, but they get right up your arxe crack if your not careful..  :buck2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  White wall tyre clean up????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx