gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A fashion guide for you new schoolers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A fashion guide for you new schoolers  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
A fashion guide for you new schoolers
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:54 PM »
You've got the bike and want to fit in down the local park.....

2 minutes turkish...

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: A fashion guide for you new schoolers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 03:04 PM »
 :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

So what's hot for Autumn?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:08 PM »
:daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

So what's hot for Autumn?
moleskin trousers and nylon shirts

gobshite

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30 PM »
i must then be the only one fortunate enough to have never met a bmx rider that looked like that,

tbh and lets be honest, that pic was made up by a fooking moron,

i say "moron" as you could easily remove the word bmx and insert any other sport currently favoured by young people, without so much as a clue about how young folks actually dress these days,

its clearly some vengeful, jealous old c@nt with nothing better to do with his life than try to garner a few negative laughs and a little resentment,

man the fook up and admit, your bmx days are drawing to a close,its not the young peoples fault,

its just the way things are,

time and all that......

why the fook would any young person want anything at all to do with the history of bmx if all we do is take the piss out of them?

oh,

and the "moron" forgot the "all black boring bike"

gobshite

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:38 PM »

sean burns - anthem II

/>
mark webb - bangers....

/>

watch these two and tell me,

what the fook does it matter how they choose to dress?

and why is it so imortant?

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Well you can't please everyone....  :LolLolLolLol:

Both me and my son thought it was funny

Looks like Kriss Kyle has followed that little guide....

http://www.propsbmx.tv/mt10-bike-check-bsds-kriss-kyle/

He forgot the black bike though....  ::)

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09 PM »

Relax fella its a bit of banter  ???

Mark nice one  :daumenhoch:

I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I thought it was pretty funny considering my recent experiences at skateparks etc :daumenhoch:
At the same time, I'm blown away by the skills of the kids that actually do ride [rather than pose]; I don't think those 2 things are incompatible.  I can have a laugh at things like this, and also still help the kids at Bradford track and my lads playing on their ramps with the kids where we live :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I don't see a problem with wearing that, the cut offs,glasses and hats aren't that bad ;)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 08:44 PM »
blimey take a joke  :LolLolLolLol:
nice one mark  :daumenhoch:
show us a pic of you in your wooly hat  :D

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I thought it was pretty funny considering my recent experiences at skateparks etc :daumenhoch:

I think Mark (Betty) was continuing a theme that came up in the thread "Tricks Are For Kids...". That is kids who hang around at skateparks on BMXs, don't actualy ride them, but have the "right" fashionable look.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:12 PM by James Nada »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 08:56 PM »
So whens Liam getting a chest tattoo Mark  ???
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 08:52 PM »
So whens Liam getting a chest tattoo Mark  ???

Can't be long off, he's taken the scissors to some of his t-shirts...  ;D
2 minutes turkish...

griff

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 10:22 PM »
fashions may change, but so far the 'jeans way down' look persists
not going to rant about it but showing everyone your sweaty arse crack while you ride down the street with a slammed seat is NOT a good look
drove past someone today with a good few inches of hairy cleft hanging out and it was not pretty  ::)

at least pull the cartoon pants up kids :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 10:04 AM »
i must then be the only one fortunate enough to have never met a bmx rider that looked like that,

tbh and lets be honest, that pic was made up by a fooking moron,

i say "moron" as you could easily remove the word bmx and insert any other sport currently favoured by young people, without so much as a clue about how young folks actually dress these days,

its clearly some vengeful, jealous old c@nt with nothing better to do with his life than try to garner a few negative laughs and a little resentment,

man the fook up and admit, your bmx days are drawing to a close,its not the young peoples fault,

its just the way things are,

time and all that......

why the fook would any young person want anything at all to do with the history of bmx if all we do is take the piss out of them?

oh,

and the "moron" forgot the "all black boring bike"

:LolLolLolLol:

I fcuking love you Joe   :4_17_5:

theRuler

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Even my new school bike looks old school now.
I just can't keep up!

As grandpa Simpson put it: "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was, and what I was with wasn't it anymore."

gobshite

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59 PM »
i love you too rob :-*

old schoolers fashion guide....

1,  comb over haircut, or if you havent even enough barnett to cover the egg in the nest, shave it off for the 80's thug look.

2,  tachini/fila/adidas "retro"  tracksuit top, the shinier and cheesier looking the better, it lets everyone at "mk" know just how 80's you are...

3, camo combat shorts, this signals to your "OS" mates that you're still a bit funky and used to wear "stussy" bitd...

3a, the sponk rag, you'll need one of these just in case a bit of dust lands on your "HARDO" top tube,

3b, the back pocket wallet bulge, i mean come on, you dont want you're fellow "old schoolers" thinking you've pissed all the wife and kids holiday money up the wall on your precious "gen1" do you?

4, the retro trainers.......these are an absolute must!
adidas forest hills/samba/s772/campus etc,  basically any old designs that have been dug up for you to show everyone that youre a tasteless old c@nt that cant let go of the past and grow the fook up.

5, glasses, youre old so you need them, anything "oakley" will do...

6, ATTITUDE , by far the most important ,
at the drop of a hat you must be able to bore everyone silly with your massive knowledge about the drop-out width on a "1985 pk ripper looptail"  
you must be able to look down sneeringly at any bike not worth more than £5k because ....hey....youre a serious collector right ?......

7,  burner jokes, because everyone of your "OS" mates just loves your burner jokes and it makes you popular on "rad"

7a,  "bumming" jokes, at any given opportunity you MUST make some reference to homosexual acts........just to show how "straight" you really are,

and just how popular on "radbmx" you are.....

7b, stella artois and football talk,
just in case everyone of your "mates on RAD" runs out of the same old worn out "OS bmx" rhetoric,
you can nip in with a bit of "beer and football talk"
because deep down they and you know full well you aren't really BMXers at all........are you?

this also quietly lets your "radbmx" mates know that you too dumped BMX completely for a bit of fingering and a 50cc yamaha fs1e.....

8, the car, any fooking shitbag "vw bus" will do, it shows how hip and cool you still are,
failing that some ghastly 80's hairdresser car, RS/XR3i/gti whatever, as long as it makes you feel like your wife still enjoys fooking you and you can post pics of it on "radbmx" is all thats important.

9, and finally........the old school bike, the shinier the better, even though you cant ride it for shit and everyone laughs at you because you look like an inbred fooking gibbon riding it,
oh, and it's got to be "worth" at least £5k on "ebay" because hey, thats all that matters isnt it?

i'm not sticking up for the new school fashion code here,
just trying to show you what a fooking idiot you look laughing away at misguided cliches.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:08 PM by darksunday »

theRuler

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 04:04 PM »
I got some camo shorts.

gobshite

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 04:10 PM »
I got some camo shorts.

i know.

its like an "oldschoolers" uniform...... ;)

JT71

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 05:15 PM »

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 05:30 PM »
An 85 ripper would have straight stays, not a looptail...  :police:

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Joe, you're so down with the kids  :LolLolLolLol:

lodge

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04 PM »
i love you too rob :-*

old schoolers fashion guide....

1,  comb over haircut, or if you havent even enough barnett to cover the egg in the nest, shave it off for the 80's thug look.

2,  tachini/fila/adidas "retro"  tracksuit top, the shinier and cheesier looking the better, it lets everyone at "mk" know just how 80's you are...

3, camo combat shorts, this signals to your "OS" mates that you're still a bit funky and used to wear "stussy" bitd...

3a, the sponk rag, you'll need one of these just in case a bit of dust lands on your "HARDO" top tube,

3b, the back pocket wallet bulge, i mean come on, you dont want you're fellow "old schoolers" thinking you've pissed all the wife and kids holiday money up the wall on your precious "gen1" do you?

4, the retro trainers.......these are an absolute must!
adidas forest hills/samba/s772/campus etc,  basically any old designs that have been dug up for you to show everyone that youre a tasteless old c@nt that cant let go of the past and grow the fook up.

5, glasses, youre old so you need them, anything "oakley" will do...

6, ATTITUDE , by far the most important ,
at the drop of a hat you must be able to bore everyone silly with your massive knowledge about the drop-out width on a "1985 pk ripper looptail"  
you must be able to look down sneeringly at any bike not worth more than £5k because ....hey....youre a serious collector right ?......

7,  burner jokes, because everyone of your "OS" mates just loves your burner jokes and it makes you popular on "rad"

7a,  "bumming" jokes, at any given opportunity you MUST make some reference to homosexual acts........just to show how "straight" you really are,

and just how popular on "radbmx" you are.....

7b, stella artois and football talk,
just in case everyone of your "mates on RAD" runs out of the same old worn out "OS bmx" rhetoric,
you can nip in with a bit of "beer and football talk"
because deep down they and you know full well you aren't really BMXers at all........are you?

this also quietly lets your "radbmx" mates know that you too dumped BMX completely for a bit of fingering and a 50cc yamaha fs1e.....

8, the car, any fooking shitbag "vw bus" will do, it shows how hip and cool you still are,
failing that some ghastly 80's hairdresser car, RS/XR3i/gti whatever, as long as it makes you feel like your wife still enjoys fooking you and you can post pics of it on "radbmx" is all thats important.

9, and finally........the old school bike, the shinier the better, even though you cant ride it for shit and everyone laughs at you because you look like an inbred fooking gibbon riding it,
oh, and it's got to be "worth" at least £5k on "ebay" because hey, thats all that matters isnt it?

i'm not sticking up for the new school fashion code here,
just trying to show you what a fooking idiot you look laughing away at misguided cliches.

Pics please  :4_17_5:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 06:34 PM »
I win!!

I'm old as fcuk and I have nowt on Joes list!

I rule!

theRuler

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38 PM »
An 85 ripper would have straight stays, not a looptail...  :police:

What do you think this place is?  An old school BMX forum or something?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A fashion guide for you new schoolers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx