gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Me at Rom King of the Skatepark '84
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Me at Rom King of the Skatepark '84  (Read 909 times)

macmark

Me at Rom King of the Skatepark '84
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Ok it was only in the crowd. :LolLolLolLol:

That's me in the pale blue v-neck just under Campbell's rear tuff, I'm in some of the others too. :)

The blonde kid on my right in the pictures is my mate from school, Paul Dudley, who I think Lazychubbs said was still riding Rom, or was up until recently. I think he's a member here too.

The magazine is BMX Biker Special: The A-Z of Freestyle from either late 84 or early 85 (I can't see a date on it) and I think it was a one off issue. I didn't know I was in the mag either, I just bid on it on eBay and when it arrived I was flicking through when I recognised my mate before I saw myself.

I've put them up as thumbnails so just click on them to see full size. Depending on your screen resolution imageshack might scale the full size image but just click on it again to see it at 100%. I've got the rest of the mag all scanned, and cleaned up at 300dpi if anyone is interested? I can put a pdf up somewhere or something?

Mark
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:23 PM by macmark »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Me at Rom King of the Skatepark '84
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Apparently,  I judged this comp..... 

Seems like another lifetime - i don't remember a thing about it  :-[  I'm assured by Billstup i was there though   ;D

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:09 AM »
cool pics!

i like the step by step pics of the step in into the bowl

step 4 looks a bit odd though :)

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:02 AM »
nice one mark :daumenhoch:

always good to see old rom pix

in that comp i think i was by the lampost,just out of shot :'(

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37 AM »
there were loads of pics of Rom in Spurdens book, most of them were taken one new years day when there was a competition on! i even made the background on a couple of pics  :daumenhoch:

i'm in the background with the No'2 plate on my bike, those unstamped LG lookin sweet lol :D

plus to the left of the rider you can see my buddy Jason Nash who was one of the judges on that day!
probably new years day 83 at a guess, could be wrong tho :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Me at Rom King of the Skatepark '84

gfxgfx
gfx gfx