gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  good riders
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: good riders  (Read 708 times)

selfpreservation

good riders
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:06 AM »
what old school bikes make good riders for big lads like myself 13st or so i dont wanna do backflips (well i do but im realistic) just ride ramps street jumps at the track i remember even back in the day quality frames breaking a lot my mate got a pro class and he ended up getting three of them on warranty withion a year yet his normall goose was fine while he had it , i just dont want to get impaled on a toptube or something

do you guys ride your os properly i noticed in many of the vids of rom and alike that guys seem to be riding new school machines a lot

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: good riders
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10 AM »
I don't ride anymore, but all the guys that do, now ride new skool.
You would be better off getting a new skool, then change some bits to make it look old Skool.

Like this

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=12880.0

Cost you a lot less too & I think this looks quality

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:19 AM »
yeah chris is right its new school for riding old school for showing the geometry on new school has progressed over the years  but as a lot of members on here are now doing is new school with an old school flavour  check out the museum new school section and youll see what i mean  :daumenhoch:

oh and take it easy fella or you,ll end up down A&E on crutches   :-[ (like me)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 09:46 AM »
foook new school!

haro sports are long n strong enough for a freestyle rider (85's up over have the stronger forks) or get something different and look for a quality early mid school race frame (ELF, Robinson, Haro, SE, TNT, Freeagent, Hyper etc) good strong bikes and under priced and under appreciated, the prices will deservedly rise on such bikes as the 80's frames dry up

the new 06 retro sport is tasty though, but dont say i said that ;)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 12:27 PM »
I was going to say a Haro myself, Billy hammered his Master and it held up pretty well for an old skool bike but in all honesty new skool feel so much more stable and the Retro Sport is perfect for that old skool look ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  good riders

gfxgfx
gfx gfx