gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am Content
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am Content  (Read 321 times)

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I am Content
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:59 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but as i'm only here for BMX, I reckon it is.

Today has changed me. i'm hoping for the better.

Just before we left for the Boardroom last night, I read about Simon on here. I didn't know him, recognised his name, but that was all.

We rode late into the night and had a cracking time, new mates and old, and for me one of the more memorable meets.
 On waking, logging on, seeing the impact Simons passing has had all across our community, it has made me realise that, although most of us don't even know each other, and probably never will, we are all part of this silliness of boys bikes, and I am a better person for it.

I am astounded, and humbled by the genorosity of this forum  which I hope to remain an active member of for a good while yet.

Basically, you never know when the man in the big coat is coming, enjoy it while you can.

As I sit here now, I am content, there is shit in the world, but alot is good.

Discuss....

MM
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:00 PM by munnyella »
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

griff

Re: I am Content
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:27 PM »
right on the money mate - although with regular events and MK a lot of us do meet up  :daumenhoch:
I showed mrs griff the thread about Si last night and have to admit my lip was wobbling a bit, in part bacause it was such a shame and also because (sadly) you don't often see community spirit much nowadays and Rad delivers the goods   ;)

and with that, I'm off for another quick training run while the sun's still out!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:51 PM »
After I got my noggin fixed, other than family all I looked forward to was the banter on this site.
In the 5 years I have been a member I have never heard of a radster passing away, it left me totally shocked and feeling gutted.
I never knew Simon, but he was part of our rad family.

But its a horribly sad fact that the years are passing, none of us are getting younger, and the ultimate fate we will meet sooner or later.
Do we think RAD will outlast us all? will we leave a legacy future generations will enjoy?
I hope so.

RIP Simon, hope their really is a halfpipe in heaven!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

In2 bmx

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Well Said ...  i've felt the same today a little low but then again so High because of RAD  .

all fooking top people i've met on here and most now very good freinds  :-* .... ( and i'd sell my gran for some of your bikes  )  ;)

I love it here and your all amazing   :daumenhoch: ..... MK , Bermpool and Bermchester,  were the highlights for me this year . ..

Keep it real and more Rides out on BMX bikes please next year  ..  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:23 PM »
None of us know when our time's up, so you gotta live the dream to the max. I'd never have thought i'd have such a buzz out of dicking around with kids bikes as I do now.

I've been building bikes for 3 years now but this year did my first ride in Chester, I gotta say I fookin' love it. The 80's was the best time for me so reliving it and building the bikes, wearing the trackies and trainers and listening to the tunes brings it all back and has made my great life, even greater. But the best part of everything i've mentioned is meeting you lot, ok, so we may not meet everyone on the forum in person but each of you I have met are quality blokes who are likeminded and love the craic.

Yesterday's passing was so sad and reading the messages left by us all really justifies what the forum is all about. I'm sure the best tribute we could give Si is to keep buliding and riding these bikes, that's what i'd want you to do if it were me.

RIP Simon - we'll keep the Rad wheels spinning for you Brother.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42 PM »
i found this earlier on in the year when i got diagnosed with skin cancer and losing my front tooth ,i had so much support from certain members on here it just makes you feel so much better  knowing that again some of the members didn't even know me but were still able to show some support :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am Content

gfxgfx
gfx gfx