gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 08:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Long Reach Stem HELP , Tuffneck XL or ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Long Reach Stem HELP , Tuffneck XL or ??  (Read 657 times)

B17SSY.T.A

Long Reach Stem HELP , Tuffneck XL or ??
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Need some help and advice please
Looking to find a similar set up to what I had BITD and ( memory not what it used to be lol ) back then I had a long reach Tuffneck stem , cant think if it was a Pro or XXL  :( just know after trying sooo many different stems this really worked , also BARS , GT Santa Ana's were the only ones I seemed to get on with , these were 29" wide and 10" rise I think ????  ... After doing some research ( new here ) it seems im going to need a second mortgage ( IF I can even find these things  :-[ ) to replace these , SO my question to you guys is , do you know of anything similar I could use ? im not building an era specific build ( 84 Skyway TA ) so open to all suggestions , Ive spotted a HARO Fusion stem for sale that looks like a nice reach in the pics , does anybody have or owned one of these to confirm reach / ride ? ... I hear the GT bars sometimes come up , but are there any other makes that do BIG pro bars ? .... Ive just checked some pics of my old Skyway and it looks like I had CW's before the GT's but cant recall them , god I must be getting old haha ......

All Help and advise on some BIG bar / stem combos is very much appreciated   :) :)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:24 PM by B17SSY.T.A »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Long Reach Stem HELP , Tuffneck XL or ??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Buy a set of JTSmooth's Kuwwie copy bars - 29" wide, 9.5" high, light as fook chromo and only a touch over twenty sheets a pop, maybe twenty-five ???

Fookin' bargain and feel great to ride - proper Pro sized :daumenhoch:

As for the stem, you're fooked as all the long reach stuff costs a bomb :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Also be aware that there were different Haro Fusion stems. The one on my Group 1 racebike is similar length to the 'Group 1' stems on the original RS1/2/3 racebikes, not the longer Fusion stem.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:07 PM »
DK did a long version of their stem didn't they?  i hope to have a Fusion freestyle stem on saturday so can bang up some piccies and measurements for you  :daumenhoch:

baldbmxer

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Tuf Neck didnt do a long reach stem, or if they did I've never seen one!

Could it been one of thes Pro III's?

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 03:50 PM »

B17SSY.T.A

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Thanks guys for all your comments ! much appreciated  :)

The Kuwwie Bars sound really good , and so does the Profile stem from Alans ! cheers for those  :daumenhoch:
Im not a 100% sure on the Fusion stem tbh its on the Bay - description says its from a 93 Master , comes with potts mod , no dimensions tho  :( , have seen some DK ones which looked pretty good and a nice blue one on BMX museum but the guy wont post here .. Also a LOVELY stem on a  Hutch ,  which had a massive reach , the guy told me it was a XL ESP stem ?? ...
Im sure the Tuff neck had a really long reach hmmmm , it wasnt that style in the pics so maybe ive got the name wrong , it looked like a slab lol ,
 but was longer , I can remember thinking it looked quite ugly compared with the nice shiney anno blue suntour id replaced , but felt sooooooo good on the bike with those GT bars ... maybe im wrong , maybe it was just like the pic  ???....

cheers again

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 05:23 PM »
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 05:43 PM »
I got a set of JTSmooth's Kuwwie copy bars recently. For the price you can't go wrong. My GT Santa Ana's cost me an arm and a leg and had to wait ages to find them.

Julian

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Can someone post a lihk to JTSmooth's add as Darren can't find it and I can't search on my phone ;-(
Still limping......

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Can someone post a lihk to JTSmooth's add as Darren can't find it and I can't search on my phone ;-(

These are em, off JTsmooths ebay store...  :daumenhoch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Hsin-Lung-Cr-MO-BMX-Race-Bars-Old-School-27-5-Wide-/300591669795?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item45fca8e223#ht_500wt_1156

I'd just get some new school bars if it's a rider, chrome slams, they won't get crimped or bend anywhere near as easy as old school bars, feel way better n all....  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 10:57 PM »

Im not a 100% sure on the Fusion stem tbh its on the Bay - description says its from a 93 Master , comes with potts mod , no dimensions tho  :(

Yeah, that does look like one of the longer ones.   For riding performance you probably couldn't go wrong with one of those Profile stems...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Long Reach Stem HELP , Tuffneck XL or ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx