gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning rusty spokes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cleaning rusty spokes  (Read 753 times)

antiquebmx

cleaning rusty spokes
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:12 PM »
I know not really tech but

whats the best way as its awkward and time consuming ??   Im talking when theyre on the hubs, rims  :D

brillo pad and then polish just be careful ??????  some spray cleaner??

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: cleaning rusty spokes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I tried it once before and took fooking ages and they never really looked that good, I'll always re-lace from now on  ;D
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

antiquebmx

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:52 PM »
i feared that, but its a survivor just want to clean it up a bit but not take fookin ages not got the time

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Yes the best way is to relace it with new spokes. But if your after restoring the spokes the easiest way to get rid of the rust would be to place the wheels in a bath of hot water mixed with oxalic acid. The acid comes in a powder. This will remove the rust. Then give the wheels a good clean afterwards. You can get the acid from eBay. Im sure there must be a thread on bathing rusty items in oxalic acid on here somewhere. Hope this helps stu  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning rusty spokes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx