gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals  (Read 5139 times)

Offline oldschoolrb

• Curb Endo
  • im all goosed out
  • Rated:
Re: If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02 AM »
dont think theres a better feeling that riding round a track with your kids , someone said to my oldest not long ago how old's is he then ! my lad said 15  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Can't wait till my kids are old enough to ride - my daughter's nearly 3 and has a balance bike already, but also in the garage is a 16@ Lil' Ripper that I cannot wait till she can ride :coolsmiley:

Love dropping into the bowl at the Boardroom, love jumping out the verts. Never gonna be Fiola but still scare myself wenever I get the chance and loads of my mates have jumped onto my bikes when they see them and acted like 12-year olds, so I don't give a rat's ass. As Kappy said, the amount of dad's that come up to you and ask about the bike is cool, and even on the train back from Radchester last year some "youth" were commenting about the bike being awesome and were amazed it belonged to me :2funny:

Love it - once BMX is in your blood, you can't shake it - just look at the footage of the ake ride at MK this year :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

curtispro

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Building the old bikes then riding them is a great feeling  :daumenhoch: pulling huge wheelies, frame stands, rock walks, a bit of flat land makes you feel alive, I love riding my bikes with my family, nothing better on the weekend than going for a ride out, i think a lot of the "dads" in our village think I am a big kid, they will never understand  :LolLolLolLol: and deep down I think they think I am well rad  ;D  ;D

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Absolutely [with the exception of people that get equally rad in other sports]
Had a brilliant session at the track on Tuesday evening with my lad, getting rad in the sunshine, I had a right buzz just like when I was a kid. Seeing my 8 year old fearlessly trying to manual a 15 foot double was pretty good :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 04:01 PM »
sometimes think i'm too tall/big/old to ride bmx  :(......but then next doors 7 year old lad is amazed at seeing a roll back or endo.

passing a local skatepark recently ridin on yellow tuffs, chrome gt and got called over and the dad was like i aint seen them in years and spent about n hour talkin old days and was amazed that its still alive, was great to see his and the kids reaction :)

so yeah it's a good feelin that its something out of the ordinary, just wish i had the balls/talent to ride proper  :crazy2:
Vans Style

Nana

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Some great stories in there cant wait to ride with my kids like you guys if im not too past it.........just got my wee fella a little bmx balance bike in today  :)

I do still feel much radder than the kids lollypop lady at school  8)

nicklambo

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57 AM »
I'm sat here with a tweaked back..tweaked ankle...tweaked wrist....from another session at the XC in Hemel ( and a quick spin at Corby learning no handers).....Brilliant....These young kids have some great lines but I'm still the only one doing 360 alley oops out of the big bowl....not bad for 43..!!...now where did I put the nurofen?

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 09:05 AM »
I loves it. When I ride through Whoreditch on a friday afternoon you could mistake me for a taxi with all the people hailing me over asking for a look.  :daumenhoch:

BEATS A FOOKIN BROMPTON ANYDAYS................  :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

mattuknc

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13 AM »
You can't help but feel RAD riding something that can only be described as RAD, bmx's are for everyone, you're never too old.
After 3 days riding into work, 8 miles each way, my right knee has decided bmx's aren't that RAD anymore!  ;D It'll soon get over it and be demanding another epic ride out!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46 PM »

Love it - once BMX is in your blood, you can't shake it - just look at the footage of the lake ride at MK this year :LolLolLolLol:

just about sums it up really  :daumenhoch:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29 AM »
yup    specially  when  we have a good training session   and the  parents besides the track are thinking:  wtf is that 40 year old  dude doing on a kids bike

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx